View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
BaeK

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Clicking noise from clutch when depressed/released?

Hi folks,

Any of you guys experiencing an audible click sound when you depress and release the clutch? I'm not talking about the clunk sound when you go into first gear at rest; this is more of a clicking sound AND feel on the clutch pedal.

This happens to me 50% of the time when I use the clutch. A click sound (pretty loud, IMO) goes off when I depress the clutch (about half way) then I would hear another click when the clutch comes back up (again, about half way).

At first, I thought it was the clutch sensor/switch that made the noise, so I went under the dash and played around with the clutch to see if the switch made any noise. The switch definitely makes a noise, but it's very faint; you definitely won't be able to hear that when you are on the road.

I am able to hear this noise and FEEL the clicks on the clutch pedal. It really doesn't affect the clutch performance; I don't have any grinds or any issues with the clutch, but the sound and feel can definitely get annoying sometimes. Again, this click comes and goes when driving - about 50% of clutch usage.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this noise before I head off to the dealership.

Cheers.
BaeK is offline   Reply With Quote