Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinz View Post
rain-x is good for high speed.

I have also found that blu-blockers (epic old school weirdo glasses from the movie hangover) make seeing thru the rain droplets on your windshield much easier without making the environment too dark.

Polarized glasses seem to help as well.

side note: It scares me when the rain stops and i still see cars w/ wipers at full speed...if the driver doesn't notice the lack of rain + violent wiper action...what else aren't they paying attention to?
It's good for all speeds. The coating makes the rain drops bead up when they hit. This mean sthey cover less of the surface area than if they flatten out. Even around town you'll have greater visibility as the rain is essentially bouncing off the windshield instead of splattering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
Optimum Opti-Glass is a good option as well. Functions a bit like Rain-X, but lasts a good bit longer.
Rain-X effects can last a very long time. One good application from the bottle will last nearly indefinitely if maintained by using the Rain-X washer fluid. I only re-apply once a year, and that's really just a spring maintennance thing. I've had past cars go YEARS with just one application and using the Rain-X washer fluid.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote