Well good thing I don't run up north. Are you guys SCCA up there?
Down here I run SCCA Chicago. Scca St.louis SCCA Indy, My local club which is not SCCA. Tri-State in Chicago ect. I have over 400 runs on my personal FRS in the two seasons that I have had it. And 7 different clubs/regions I never once have been protested or talked to. I'm also a active and qualified Safety Steward. I have had a few first places this year alone and a FTDI position no one even batted a eye. If I go to nationals this upcoming season I plan to launch the car the same way. I will tell other auto users. When the fat wide tires in the rear get heat and grip in them launching this way becomes much harder.
Here is more video of the same thing.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuoCrp5MZyg"]jeremy 6 23 - YouTube[/ame]
and under the car shots.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PToOkNim7I"]KoniYellow RceSprings - YouTube[/ame]
Here is another example of a s2000 launch. Hes roasting the tires before the beam.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfS1UltZsTw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]suspension video.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
Video of a manual BRZ launch. No different then what I'm doing.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wcObU6g3Wg#t=14"]TSSCC 8/25/13 838 R Subaru BRZ Kevin - YouTube[/ame]
Your club up north may have different rules then SCCA. but in SCCA the rules are no lighting up the tires in the pits or grids or driving around in circles and what not heating up the tires. What you do at the start line is entirely different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear
after some discussion at my local board, the consensus is that the behaviour exhibited in your video would be brought to the attention of the organizer and a discussion would take place.
what is depicted in the video is not the same as normal slip due to poor traction, you can see that the car is absolutely stationary while the wheels are slipping. You are gaining a benefit of traction by heating up your tires prior to breaking the start beam.
Perhpas at your local autocross this is accepted but please be aware that in other parts it may be brought to the attention of a stewart, esp if your times would put you in a competeteive place.
|