View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #89
FitchAlcyone

Drives: 2019 BRZ Series.Gray
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUmarvin View Post
Have you tried mounting it backwards, Or with the front sucktion on the roof and the rear wheel on the rear glass? You never know when you might need the wipers.
Yeah, I am thinking of other ways it can be done so it won't obstruct the windshield. However, simply moving the mount location back didn't work too well because the area the front Seasucker covered sort of overlapped where the "roof crease" (the actual term escapes me right now) is, which probably affects suction. I know someone else posted a picture they found of a Hot Lava with the bike facing backwards. This will solve the space issue since the rear Seasucker is small, but the instructions say the bike should only be mounted forward-facing. Not quite sure why, exactly, but I'm not going to risk it.

I've only mounted the bike once so far, but I'll give more input as I keep using it. For front-of-roof/rear windshield combo, I imagine mounting the rack right at the center of the car (as opposed to passenger side, like I did before) should work okay.
FitchAlcyone is offline   Reply With Quote