Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #1697
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
If its just a fan shell and a box I'm sure nobody will have problems making their own

Rob has put in years into this creation to make it work this way. His first designs like many others didn't make any power.

This is essentially the cost of the parts, this isn't robs full time job... This is his hobby, he isn't trying to take peoples money hand over fist I can assure you that.

Somebody a long time ago told rob that it was possible and that he couldn't do it. Rob doesn't like people telling him what he can't do.

I can assure you the estimated price is very fair in terms of parts you get and how they work to develop boost on the car.

That's like saying the vortech is a belt driven fan... In theory yes.... But there is so so much more.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Exactly! You don't go to the pharmacy and pay them just for the cost of the pill. No you pay for all the research and development involved as well. Hence why medication is so damn expensive.This is no different, people who design systems such as these dedicate a lot of their time into it. Charging more than what the parts cost is their way of not only making some sort of profit but also getting back some of that investment.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-05-2013)