View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast
 
Neekowahhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Crystal Black BRZ Limited
Location: So Cal
Posts: 299
Thanks: 17
Thanked 71 Times in 49 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Considering a small caravan through Palamar

Hey guys,

So since getting my BRZ a few weeks back, I've taken a liking to "detouring" through the roads that are "off the beaten path." Some include: Carbon Canyon, Cajalco, and Muholland.

I've heard good things about the Palomar roads, and have wanted to go up and take a look for myself. This brought me to the idea of possibly organizing an morning where other 86ers(or any auto enthusiast with wheels) would like to gather in the morning hours, and go for a drive.


I looked at the route on google maps and saw that highways 76 and 78 make a sort of "circle" and both end up back at the 15 freeway, just a bit more north or south(depending on the starting point.

If anyone is interested in this, this will be my first event that I will have tried to organize, so please bear with me, and any help will be much appreciated!

I made the following link after @SliverBrz mentioned that this would be a good idea.

I tried my best to color code a custom map of the possible Starting/Ending points and Routes. If any of it is confusing, or you feel that you can do a better job, please do, as I was having trouble trying to enter the points via the address bar without getting all jumbled up.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...I.k75LuCxKhGk0


Edit: Poll for preferred day added

Edit #2: This will be taking place October 5th or 6th depending on the pole! If you are seriously considering making this event, please vote by Sunday, September 29th!


Edit #3: Voting has ended, and unfortunately the choices have tied, which was not really expected. I made the final decision to decide on the cruise morning to be on Sunday October 6th.

Location to meet in the A.M.
Starbucks-Therefore we can use a little caffeine to wake us up
32240 California 79
Temecula, CA 92592

Time of meet will be 7:30A.M.

Departure will be 8:45-9A.M.

On the Map Link provided, we will be taking the Route starting with "Start 1"
and ending at "End 1" for those not continuing to Oceanside/Carlsbad for an early lunch
"END 3" will be for those continuing through.

Please make suggestions for lunch where we might all fit and maybe even be able to take some shots together.


Again, this is my first event that I am trying to organize, so if I have been confusing or misleading and at all,
Please let me know. Thanks for all your input guys!
__________________
Instagram: Neekowahhhh
Mishimoto Air Induction Hose;K&N High Flow Air Filter;Berk Tech Catless Front Pipe;Invidia N1 Catback Exhaust TT;Matte Bronze XXR 527 17x8.25 ET 25

Last edited by Neekowahhhh; 10-01-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: link added to google maps
Neekowahhhh is offline   Reply With Quote