Old 08-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #6148
blubrz

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubrz View Post
He is still doing business as usual.
It took a week (which is still long, but not as long as before) but I did get a response to a datalog I sent (under normal priority). It was more than the usual "looks good" and answered my direct questions about why it looked good.
While not perfect, it's an improvement.
Also, now that he has a 93 octane tune (FI MAP2) it is a night and day difference over the 91.
Finally, while you can see from earlier posts that I am not a fan of the customer support, all things considered, I don't blame him for not posting a response on here.
Well, a couple weeks later and I have a tune adjustment that I want but his customer service is still douchery. I asked him about making the FI 93 tune default and he sent me a new file with his patented "here you go" I asked for clarification on how the MAPs were set up and he answered as if I should understand it because he switched two numbers in the file name...but yet, this portion of the file name is not included in "how to decode your calibration name" on his site and it was another week later to get that asinine answer.

Sure, those that are one and done and are happy with a tune because they don't know any better, or maybe they are expert level like JV thinks he is (unlikely), OK. But in my experience his customer service is bushleague and I only deal with it because I've already shelled out the money.

Lesson learned kids, don't be like me...find a reputable tuner that not only has talent, but customer service.