View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #154
OrbitalEllipses
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Attitude
Location: MD
Posts: 10,046
Thanks: 884
Thanked 4,890 Times in 2,903 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz_star21 View Post
That's because they probably are off the shelf Impreza STI Brembo 4 pots. I'm not sure why the article put 6 pot. I even have the GRB STI calipers in my garage to compare!

The Spec C RA-R brakes are 6 pot (see below pic). Not sure on the brand, though, but you can clearly see 3 distinctive piston humps on the caliper front vs. the Ts that has 2 on the front.

[IMG ]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/Turboedrs/DSC_0024-5.jpg[/IMG]
I thought it was fishy as you could see the piston bores and the brakes were black. That was the giveaway as you have included a beautiful picture of the silver painted STI 6 pots.

I just sold my GDB STI calipers, so I'm very familiar with them. My bad on calling them R205 brakes. Mmmm, external fluid crossover.
OrbitalEllipses is offline