View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #35
Lonewolf
Senior Member
 
Lonewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: Moped
Location: CA
Posts: 4,300
Thanks: 4,905
Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
If it came with 175HP people would want 200HP. If it has 200HP they want 225HP. If it has 225HP they want 250HP. Tim Allen syndrome.

If the STI comes to the US, I would be shocked if it was all cosmetic. I think Subaru knows the US market will not stand for that. An STI is expected to be better in every way including some additional power. It has new suspension bits and what looks like a new exhaust. I would also expect a new intake similar to the TRD model offered by Toyota. Add all of that together with a slightly tweaked tune and I would think 215HP would be a reasonable expectation of the STI.

Now, I just have to wait and see if I am close.
Nope, if it came with 175 hp, I wouldn't even be interested. Don't lump people into blanket statements...there are always exceptions
Lonewolf is offline