View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #80
suaveflooder
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,295
Thanks: 2,708
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by romin View Post
My journey started with CEL 0351.
I then had the popping intake noise and some misfire codes.
I replaced my coils with better after market coils and the codes, misfires, and popping sounds went away.
No issues at all for multiple days on the track.

Then Track Warrior blew his engine.
Talked with him and found he had a missing seal.
Pulled my DIs and found I also had a missing seal (cylinder 1) and a fouled plug.

My injectors had a #2 on them.
We replaced all of the seals and one injector.
The dealer sold me a 16611JB010 replacement DI - Later I learned about the 1,2,3 DI numbers.
I have since added an oil cooler, and the South African flash fix.
Two days on the track and everything is working well now.
Just curious how you got your hands on that tune? My dealers (I went to multiple) said they had never heard of it. We went down the lists of TSB's and there wasn't one that looked like the south african one. Closest we got was a re-flash for the DI relay.
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote