Dezoris,
Thank you for your splendid videos. They are professional looking, polished, interesting, and helpful. They're a pleasure to watch.
Now, about that injector seal installation: I suspect that you may have done it wrong. I cannot be certain, of course, since I've never had my hands on that tool or injector, so … what do I know, eh?
Still…
I cannot believe that's the way that installation tool is supposed to work. After seeing the instruction diagrams, I can understand why you guys THOUGHT you were doing it right, but I think the technical writer and illustrator may need to look for a different line of work, because their description was ambiguous at best and misleading at worst.
There are two parts to the injector seal installation tool: the male part that is the shaft, and the female part that is the cylindrical disk with the hole in the center.
My thought is that it should be employed as follows:
*****
Lube the shaft and the hole in the cylinder.
Stand the shaft upright, fat end at the bottom.
Slide the seal down the shaft gently, aligning it, but NOT pressing down on it. Leave it where it comes to a stop.
Slide the cylindrical disk down the shaft ABOVE the seal. The seal is now holding the cylinder up.
Perch this assembly atop the injector.
Press the cylindrical disk downwards, PRESSING THE SEAL DOWN ONTO THE INJECTOR with the cylindrical disk. The DISK is the PRESS … not your fingernails.
*****
Pressing the seal down onto the injector tip will take all of two seconds. The disk will press it evenly and smoothly downwards onto the injector. The seal will not be stretched out for a long time, as it was with your method, and thus be loose-fitting when we want a snug fit; and the seal will not be chewed up by one's fingernails.
What do you think?
I’m trying to be helpful here.
I respect and appreciate your enthusiasm, time, effort, and skills devoted to helping others on these forums. You're a real asset here, and you deserve recognition for your efforts.
Thanks again.