View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #66
supramkivtt2jz
PROUD OF BOXER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: Raven FR-S
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 668
Thanks: 221
Thanked 356 Times in 169 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Thanks for the offer! I upgraded to Motul 600 brake fluid since I was changing out the brake lines anyway. I think I still have a few quarts left even.

Upgrading the brakes makes a world of difference on the FRS. They're more responsive and I can brake more aggressively and later than before but without cooking the brakes. The primary reason that I upgraded the brakes was because there are some track days coming up at TGPR and Road Atlanta that I want to run the FRS at. I had been warned that those tracks melt the stock brakes.

We need to get together one of these weekends and get the twins out in the mountains for a few cruises or run Little River Canyon Road.

Scott
No problemo. When the motul needs to be replaced, let me know. The fluid i have is 500*F/332*F dry/wet I believe. It should be perfectly fine for any non-rcomp track setup.

And what are the requirements for the events? I want to do the time trial at barber in august, but I believe I saw that a competition license is required as well as a tech inspection. Ive heard the same about tracking the cars - my pads are really the only safety concern now. Who is the Road Atlanta track day through??

And im game. Ive never been down little river. the 23 mile strech on 231/431 south of Shelbyville is a blast as well.... There are so many blind crests, i HIGHLY recommend a GPS unit to see whats coming up. Im booked through next weekend, so anything after that is perfect with me.
__________________
supramkivtt2jz is offline   Reply With Quote