Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Well it would be a pretty big screwup if the press kit has pics of BRZ parts in it.

@ so those pictures showing the white car on a lift are from a car that was driven at the event?
Yep, those pictures are from the garages at Monticello Raceway. I believe that car is VIN# JF1MSHZN9U4000057, which was a Halo White Premium that we drove on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Now that we're fairly certain that the cars actually were GR86 spec and not disguised BRZs, did anyone notice any mention of extreme oversteer or hard to control slides in any review? The closest I remember is Throttle House's mention of unpredictability and "4 wheel drift" but they attributed that to the Pilot 4 tires. Could that have been the toe changes in the rear as reported in the Japanese tests?
The car felt progressive at the limit, just like the first gen. Monticello raceway had plenty of off-camber and elevation changes and the car was predictable as expected through the rear suspension travel.

I drove both the base and the premium on the different tire setups and the Primacies were as slidey as they were on the old car. Pilot 4's on the Premium suited the car very well for my driving style, plenty of grip but easy to rotate the rear on throttle when you're at the limit.

On the bumpy NY backroads it very much just felt like I was driving my BRZ. The balance is basically unchanged from what I felt. No wacky toe-out on compression like an S2k or anything, at least in the few hours I got with the car.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
Bobharp (08-20-2021), DAEMANO (08-19-2021), Ohio Enthusiast (08-19-2021), Pete (08-19-2021), timurrrr (08-19-2021), Yoshoobaroo (08-19-2021)