Originally Posted by Hayer_86 View Post
All minor issues/personal peeves

1. Factory torque dip
2. Car thinks a passenger is in the car when my phone is on the seat
3. Random rattles
4. Decent bit of road noise
5. No oil temp gauge
6. Notchy shifting with the factory trans oil
7. Crappy centre console screen, has trouble connecting via bluetooth occasionally
8. No armrest
9. Spare tire. Wouldve opted for no spare tire and just take the extra trunk space. Ended up taking it out anyways since i have aftermarket wheels/lugs Need something to cover the bottom as its bare (painted) metal atm
10. 3rd brake light takes up 1/3 of your rearview mirror
11. No "memory" setting for moving your seat up to let a rear seat passenger out
12. Too bright instrument cluster. I like my cabin very dark, and at the lowest setting it's still decently bright. On the older tacos you could turn it all the way down to barely lit or even off via the dial
13. The door open chime when in accessory mode. Very frustrating when cleaning the interior and i want to listen to music
14. How low aftermarket exhausts are to the ground beneath the diff
15. How gigantic the rear exhaust cutouts are (although the n1 catback fits in it so nicely)
16. Had an older car with an auto lowering side mirror, makes parking close to curbs convenient. Wish the 86 had it, have to manually do it every time now
17. Car blows warm air through the vents even if the ac/heat is off. Either turn the knob to the cold side or close the vents altogether
18. Steering wheel seems to be easily susceptible to small scratches and tears from my nails
19. Dash seems to be a dirt and dust magnet (although i do drive with windows down 90% of the time)
20. Know it will never happen, but always loved the flip keys that vw and audi had. Would be nice to have it on this car as it would be super compact in your pocket (not a fan of pushbutton start, i like the traditional key start)

Still love this car though. 3 years and 40k km later

1) Torque dip is fixed headers and a tune apparently... just $1500+ lol
2) I bought a carista to turn this off. Very nice little cheap tool.

6) I wonder about this especially cold 1 -> 2 shifts. I've never had a manual trans that was THIS notchy.

10) Intec third brake light fixes this. Agreed, the stocker takes WAY too much space.

15) I need to fix ma quad exhaust!
16) I've only known acuras to do this. It IS a nice feature though.