follow ft86club on our
blog
,
twitter
or
facebook
.
User Name
Remember Me?
Password
Register
Garage
Garage
Garages
Help
Community
Calendar
Today's Posts
Search
Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB
>
Search Forums
Search Results
Community Links
Members List
User Tagging Statistics
iTrader
Search Forums
Show Threads
Show Posts
Tag Search
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads
Sign Up
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
>
Showing results 1 to 30 of 71
Search took
0.00
seconds.
Search:
Posts Made By:
Sleepypistonracing
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
08-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
For those of you interested, here is the TV...
For those of you interested, here is the TV episode were my crash is featured! I'm amazed how much the rails flex, the probably saved the car from being totaled!
https://vimeo.com/221814514
...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
08-08-2017, 04:45 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Ah well I will definatley try😆
Ah well I will definatley try😆
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
08-08-2017, 04:13 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
I know about this bit This is not just one...
I know about this bit This is not just one airbag. This all of ren + additional error codes.
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
08-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Its been a while but not everything is standing...
Its been a while but not everything is standing still. The interior is ripped out and I got a cage lying next to the car waiting for someone to weld it in:) The engine runs smooth and I've just got a...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-23-2017, 03:54 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170623/db0f222f...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170623/db0f222fe48468bb0619069fb433bd00.jpg
The instruction does say to mount them in the lower hole as I've done on the picture above. As you can see the end...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-23-2017, 03:48 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
You can adjust them from like +-1.25degrees so...
You can adjust them from like +-1.25degrees so you should be able to run them with normal specs, yes.
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-23-2017, 03:32 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Eibach I believe!
Eibach I believe!
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-23-2017, 03:24 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
I am using bolts. They are a direct fit. However,...
I am using bolts. They are a direct fit. However, make sure that the bottom of the coil doesn't hit the end links. You might have to put the bolt in the upper hole instead of the lower one. Doesn't...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-16-2017, 03:28 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
I'm using velox top mounts. Fairly decently...
I'm using velox top mounts. Fairly decently priced and works good but they are noisy at low speeds when you turn a lot, like parking or similar. They are making a popping noise, like the spring is...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Chapter 2: "Get knocked down, get up again" ...
Chapter 2: "Get knocked down, get up again"
The car is now, just a week after the crash, properly aligned!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170612/7e04c5feb1c5ad75b882d8032a8326bb.jpg
...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Thanks! I'm not gonna pollute this thread with...
Thanks! I'm not gonna pollute this thread with what happened and what's going on but it was a hard hit and it is crazy that the car is even repairable. Check out my project thread here or Sleepy...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Brilliant! I'll try to get some 7/7kg springs and...
Brilliant! I'll try to get some 7/7kg springs and install during the season. Crashed in the rain during the last race and have some repairs ahead of me.
...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 07:37 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Sorry I mixed them up! They were banned in some...
Sorry I mixed them up! They were banned in some racing series I Dubai for giving too much down force. How much it is, I don't know.
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170612/5b539f90...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170612/5b539f902ab89db5336813f290b81b45.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170612/255c347ba3e4be986c092df0858a2205.jpg
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Not so sure about the sard, but the louvers...
Not so sure about the sard, but the louvers increases front downforce by 49%! O dont think the SARD does that much even though mine have extended brackets so that it is further back!
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
😄 I'm using track spec louvers and a SARD wing....
😄 I'm using track spec louvers and a SARD wing. Would you say it's enough to be able to go up further?
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-12-2017, 06:07 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Cheers:) It weighs 1215kg without me in it...
Cheers:)
It weighs 1215kg without me in it so a bit lighter than stock.
People are laughing at my rates over here. Even if I would go 8/8 they would still laugh😂
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
To take the discussion to the next level. If I...
To take the discussion to the next level. If I were to use the Ohlins 4/3kg as a pure racing setup. What rates should I use (not considering the dampers needs to be revalved) I've seen some...
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Yeah I'd wanted that for a long time but the...
Yeah I'd wanted that for a long time but the regulations in the time attack series doesn't allow for after market roll bars in my class. Next year though!:)
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Brilliant! I've been running max hardness rear...
Brilliant! I've been running max hardness rear and 4clicks softer front to parry out some understeer.
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Haha yeah! I'll put on 5/4kg springs as soon as...
Haha yeah! I'll put on 5/4kg springs as soon as the car is drivable again:)
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-06-2017, 07:02 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
I'm running 3,6degrees negative up front. Still...
I'm running 3,6degrees negative up front. Still touching😜
Forum:
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes --
Sponsored by 949 Racing
06-06-2017, 06:56 AM
Replies:
628
Ohlins Road & Track for FRS/BRZ suspension install/review thread
Views:
289,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
AD08R 235/40 18" with standard 4/3kg springs and...
AD08R 235/40 18" with standard 4/3kg springs and Öhlins recommended ride height my wheels hit the inner arch well in almost any corner on track....
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-06-2017, 03:52 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Kinnekulle race report: The Friday started...
Kinnekulle race report:
The Friday started of excellent. I'd been given the opportunity to have Robin Antonsson ride along throughout the day and I totally had a blast! After my first session with...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Hey! My front wheels hits the inside of the...
Hey!
My front wheels hits the inside of the wheelarch during heavy cornering. They are a bit too soft. I've got some harder springs to test out but it will take some time until I can try them. Had...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
With the help of the instructor I've managed to...
With the help of the instructor I've managed to find more than 2 entire seconds! I sort of had an epiphany and my driving now is immensely smoother than it has been before! It was great fun today and...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
06-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Pre-race day testning today! I'll be running with...
Pre-race day testning today! I'll be running with an instructor for the first time today aswell:)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170602/f6fb65569fe2c8ff2c8e8f0f69d51902.jpg
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
05-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
I have heard from Ohlins that they don't care...
I have heard from Ohlins that they don't care about progressive springs as two of these are never exactly the same. Just an input.
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
05-24-2017, 04:08 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
Agreed. I think they've focused too much on the...
Agreed. I think they've focused too much on the oem wheels. They are meant to be slippery as we know and it makes sense to run ridicously low spring rates to tame them....
I will discuss this...
Forum:
Member's Car Journals
05-24-2017, 01:57 AM
Replies:
79
Sleepy Piston's road & track 86 (Swedish time attack)
Views:
20,368
Posted By
Sleepypistonracing
With just a about a week left before the next...
With just a about a week left before the next race I've for the first time booked an instructor for the pre-race test day! It will be great fun to have someone with a lot of experience riding along!...
Showing results 1 to 30 of 71
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
>
Forum Jump
User Control Panel
Private Messages
Subscriptions
Who's Online
Search Forums
Forums Home
2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ
GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)
BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics
1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics
FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
Subaru BRZ
FT86CLUB Shared Forum
Member's Car Journals
FR-S / BRZ vs....
Regional Forums
Southern California
Northern California
NY / NJ / CT / PA
Mid-Atlantic
Southeast
New England
Southwest
Arizona
Northwest
Great Lakes
Rocky Mountains / Great Plains
Hawaii
CANADA
Canada Classifieds
EUROPE
AUSTRALIA
Australia Classifieds
Australian Meets & Events
NEW ZEALAND
SOUTH AMERICA / CARRIBEANS
ASIA
MIDDLE EAST
AFRICA
Technical Topics
Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
Engine Swaps
Forced Induction
Software Tuning
Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)
Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment
DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
Marketplace
Commercial Classifieds
Official FT86CLUB Sponsors List
Announcements, Contests, Giveaways
Groupbuys
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Forced Induction
Engine Swap
Transmission and Driveline
Wheels and Tires
Brakes, Suspension, Chassis
Exterior Parts - The Rest
Coating and Customization Services
Exterior Parts - Lighting
Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)
Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV
Cleaning and Detailing
Mechanical Maintenance and Tools
Dealer Cars
Miscellaneous
CANADIAN Sales
Members Classifieds
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Transmission and Driveline
Wheels and Tires
Brakes, Suspension, Chassis
Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)
Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)
Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV
Cleaning and Detailing
Mechanical Maintenance and Tools
Cars for Sale/Trade
Miscellaneous
FT86CLUB Items
Want-To-Buy Requests
User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments
Off-Topic Discussions
Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions
Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]
Site Announcements / Questions / Issues
All times are GMT -4. The time now is
03:16 AM
.
Contact Us
-
Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB
-
Archive
-
Privacy Statement
-
Terms of Service/DMCA Policy
-
Top
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite)
-
vBulletin Mods & Addons
Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Garage
vBulletin Plugins
by Drive Thru Online, Inc.