Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Devel Sixteen V16 5000HP Engine Dyno (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98703)

JPxM0Dz 12-09-2015 11:33 PM

Devel Sixteen V16 5000HP Engine Dyno
 
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jdh-Psq3Ec"]Devel Sixteen V16 5000HP Engine Dyno - YouTube[/ame]

KR-S 12-10-2015 04:26 AM

I lol'd at daily use. Who would really try and daily this thing?

Noble713 12-10-2015 08:33 AM

What's better than a GM Small Block? A Twin-turbo'ed GM Small Block! But that's been done before, so.....TWO Twin-turbo'ed GM Small Blocks fused together!

I hope the car is AWD otherwise it's never going to put that power down unless the rear tires are so wide it looks like a steamroller from the back.

murdoc 12-10-2015 09:43 AM

When a rolls royce merlin isn't enough...

KR-S 12-10-2015 09:54 AM

Apparently before the actual engine debuted, there was a lot of skepticism towards the Sixteen's powerplant.

http://jalopnik.com/what-engine-is-r...epo-1471161805

go_a_way1 12-10-2015 10:13 AM

Can't wait for all the threads that this will start.

"looking to swap a Devel Sixteen V16 into my FRS anyone done this yet?"

Trust86 12-10-2015 10:44 AM

Lmfao^^

kch 12-10-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 2475936)
Apparently before the actual engine debuted, there was a lot of skepticism towards the Sixteen's powerplant.

http://jalopnik.com/what-engine-is-r...epo-1471161805

well yeah. the concept looked like crap, no one had heard of it before, and they were making outrageous claims like you'd hear out of your little brother. "Yeah, it's gonna go 400mph and have a million toarks and it's so fast that if you stick your arm out the window in the shape of a wing that it'll fly"

edit: while this is some clever engine building, the car itself is still bs.

edit: video at 31s: only 32 titanium valves? single cam? ummm... I mean I'm no expert in big-power engine building, but that sounds distinctly low-tech.

KR-S 12-10-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kch (Post 2476111)
edit: video at 31s: only 32 titanium valves? single cam? ummm... I mean I'm no expert in big-power engine building, but that sounds distinctly low-tech.

Probably less weight on the engine? When it's already outputting north of 3000-4500hp, you'll at least want to save some weight by using a low-tech valvetrain.

Summerwolf 12-10-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kch (Post 2476111)
well yeah. the concept looked like crap, no one had heard of it before, and they were making outrageous claims like you'd hear out of your little brother. "Yeah, it's gonna go 400mph and have a million toarks and it's so fast that if you stick your arm out the window in the shape of a wing that it'll fly"

edit: while this is some clever engine building, the car itself is still bs.

edit: video at 31s: only 32 titanium valves? single cam? ummm... I mean I'm no expert in big-power engine building, but that sounds distinctly low-tech.



It literally looks like two LSx motors spliced together and sharing a crank and cam. I doubt that it is, but if they spliced two LSx motors together and made them share a crank and a cam that's what it would look like.


The low tech that chevy uses seems to be doing just fine against their competition.

KR-S 12-10-2015 03:04 PM

Apparently Chevy small block based, but not LS based and otherwise a completely new billet V16 block specifically constructed for the car.

Summerwolf 12-10-2015 03:06 PM

It would have to be a whole new block and heads etc.... I mean the LS / LT is just the newest variant of the chevy small block. I looked through the pictures and the similarities are there. I can't find too much info on it really even at that engine builders website.

go_a_way1 12-10-2015 03:35 PM

That gas mileage doe

ohnoitsthefuzz 12-12-2015 02:18 AM

You can have all the ponies in the world, but what kind of transmission can take those loads repeatedly??


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.