Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Rexpeed Gauge Pod (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98457)

MisterSheep 12-04-2015 12:00 PM

Rexpeed Gauge Pod
 
Anyone else seen these Rexpeed gauge pod set?

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/imag...d_Triple-3.jpghttp://www.scionfrsupgrades.com/imag...34-429x286.jpg
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/imag...Pod_Triple.jpg
http://www.frsport.com/images/detail...839_DuC57v.jpg



It says they're 52mm but can be modified to fit 60mm gauges. My last car was a WRX and gauges were my first "mod" to the car. I believe it's very important to monitor what is going on in your car. I've always hated Piller pods because I think they look tacky as hell. Anyone have the Rexpeed ones? If so how did you go about with mounting the gauges? Did you cut into your dash, or do you have wires hanging out?


I also believe this gauge pod would like great with the TRD sports gauges offered from Japanparts.com . This pod will make a great alternative for people who want to run these gauges but want to actually keep the radio.

http://image.automobilemag.com/f/558...t86-gauges.jpg
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1378889876

Thoughts?

go_a_way1 12-04-2015 12:09 PM

They look cheap AF and I would not do that. Plus you gota drill the dash to run the wires

Edit: TRD one is much nicer IMO and racecar drivers dont need music hahaha!

.... unless they are the stig!

LOLS2K 12-04-2015 12:12 PM

I absolutely love the TRD Gauges, but I for one could not live without a head unit in my daily.

MisterSheep 12-04-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2470012)
They look cheap AF and I would not do that. Plus you gota drill the dash to run the wires

Edit: TRD one is much nicer IMO and racecar drivers dont need music hahaha!

.... unless they are the stig!

to each their own. It looks cheap because it looks like the actual dash. Was looking to see if anyone else was running them.
Not looking forward to drilling into the dash tho.


Quote:

Originally Posted by LOLS2K (Post 2470017)
I absolutely love the TRD Gauges, but I for one could not live without a head unit in my daily.

That's why I'm saying you could run the TRD gauges in the Rexpeed gauge pod.

go_a_way1 12-04-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2470040)
to each their own. It looks cheap because it looks like the actual dash. Was looking to see if anyone else was running them.
Not looking forward to drilling into the dash tho.




That's why I'm saying you could run the TRD gauges in the Rexpeed gauge pod.

It looks cheap to me cuz the lip on the bottem and you can see that it glued/screwed on and I am not a fan of that. But you are right each to their own. I am sure it is functional and it does seem pratical for a guage placement

LOLS2K 12-04-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2470040)
That's why I'm saying you could run the TRD gauges in the Rexpeed gauge pod.

I personally prefer gauges to be closer to me, from a driving standpoint. Aesthetically, I prefer a more factory look when it comes to interior mods, especially when it's something that lights up.

Honestly, it's all driver preference.:party0030:

MisterSheep 12-04-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOLS2K (Post 2470055)
I personally prefer gauges to be closer to me, from a driving standpoint. Aesthetically, I prefer a more factory look when it comes to interior mods, especially when it's something that lights up.

Honestly, it's all driver preference.:party0030:

I'm with you, but I believe more important gauges such as boost or AFR gauges be closer to the driver to monitor. Theres a priority list when you have only so many places to put gauges.

go_a_way1 12-04-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2470060)
I'm with you, but I believe more important gauges such as boost or AFR gauges be closer to the driver to monitor. Theres a priority list when you have only so many places to put gauges.

Have you checked this guy out?
http://jcspods.com/brz.php
I have a single pod, it is a full A pillar replacment.

MisterSheep 12-04-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2470071)
Have you checked this guy out?
http://jcspods.com/brz.php
I have a single pod, it is a full A pillar replacment.

I believe I said in my original post but I don't like pillar pods... think they look tacky... but that's personal preferance.

MisterSheep 12-04-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2470012)
They look cheap AF

I just figure out a way they won't look super cheap..

What if you shaved down the edges, make it look smooth on the dash and they reupholster the dash with alcantera or whatever you want to do. :D

go_a_way1 12-04-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2470075)
I believe I said in my original post but I don't like pillar pods... think they look tacky... but that's personal preferance.

LOL my bad!!! I missed that part :bonk:

go_a_way1 12-04-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2470077)
I just figure out a way they won't look super cheap..

What if you shaved down the edges, make it look smooth on the dash and they reupholster the dash with alcantera or whatever you want to do. :D

Then that is a win!! Even if you had them molded into the dash (there is a guy in my city that can do stuff like that, maybe there is one in yours?) that would make them look wayyyy better!

MisterSheep 12-04-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2470099)
LOL my bad!!! I missed that part :bonk:

No worries :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2470101)
Then that is a win!! Even if you had them molded into the dash (there is a guy in my city that can do stuff like that, maybe there is one in yours?) that would make them look wayyyy better!

I bet there is. But just thought of that and thought I'd share the idea with you. I'm still curious if people are currently running this pod setup though.

LOLS2K 12-04-2015 01:30 PM

What about this kind (post #383):
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=20250&page=18


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.