Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Traction control and VSC Sport mode issue (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98166)

Grazed 11-27-2015 09:53 AM

Traction control and VSC Sport mode issue
 
Is there any specific reason why I can't turn off my traction control or turn on the VSC Sport mode?

I've tried pushing the buttons once and holding them for over 10 seconds. Tried with the car on, off, and even accessory just for the hell of it. Read that section of the manual and didn't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I'm assuming I should just take it to the dealership and get it checked out but wanted to make sure there was nothing I could do beforehand. Help :(

'13 BRZ Limited MT 15k miles

go_a_way1 11-27-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grazed (Post 2463839)
Is there any specific reason why I can't turn off my traction control or turn on the VSC Sport mode?

I've tried pushing the buttons once and holding them for over 10 seconds. Tried with the car on, off, and even accessory just for the hell of it. Read that section of the manual and didn't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I'm assuming I should just take it to the dealership and get it checked out but wanted to make sure there was nothing I could do beforehand. Help :(

'13 BRZ Limited MT 15k miles

You are holding down the trac button on the left right?

Grazed 11-28-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2463849)
You are holding down the trac button on the left right?

Yes

carma143 11-28-2015 10:52 AM

I'd say take it in to a Subaru dealer. You don't want to be fiddling with the internals of the trac/stability system.

ichitaka05 11-28-2015 11:15 AM

Are you at full stop?

Ultramaroon 11-28-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 2464647)
Are you at full stop?

I've read that but mine doesn't care how fast I'm going. Weird, huh?

I bet the switch assembly is just unplugged.

ichitaka05 11-28-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2464791)
I've read that but mine doesn't care how fast I'm going. Weird, huh?

I bet the switch assembly is just unplugged.

Interesting, cuz it shouldn't let you do full off unless you're at full stop... so I thought

go_a_way1 11-28-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2464791)
I've read that but mine doesn't care how fast I'm going. Weird, huh?

I bet the switch assembly is just unplugged.

Same! I can turn mine full off at any speed.

Yeah it could just be unpluged hahaha wouldn't that be funny!

humfrz 11-29-2015 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2464791)
I've read that but mine doesn't care how fast I'm going. Weird, huh?

I bet the switch assembly is just unplugged.

Well, @Ultramaroon ...... maybe on YOUR car, when the people at the dealership saw how old you were ........:bellyroll:


humfrz

Ultramaroon 11-29-2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2465092)
Well, @Ultramaroon ...... maybe on YOUR car, when the people at the dealership saw how old you were ........:bellyroll:


humfrz

Careful with your ROFL, old man. Wouldn't want you to pop a hose in that high-mileage brain.

At least not until I've learned all your cool tricks. :thumbsup:

stugray 11-29-2015 01:58 AM

I can also disable mine while moving.


Left button, push and one light will go on, on the dash.
Hold it for 5 seconds and the second light will come on.
Let off and both lights remain on until I turn off the car or push the button again.

Bobblehead 11-29-2015 02:08 AM

If I remember right, you have to be going under 30 mph to turn off traction control. Sport mode should work at any speed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.