Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Center console badge/plaque (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97642)

MuseChaser 11-14-2015 05:40 PM

Center console badge/plaque
 
My 2013 FR-S just has a bare spot cutout behind the traction control switches (I guess where the seat heater switches would go on a BRZ?). The "tray" is so shallow that it's not really useful as a change holder (and who uses change anymore?).

Was a badge included for that spot when the car was new, or is the blankness how the cars were delivered?

Anyone have a badge/plaque that they've replaced and no longer want? Looking specifically for one that has an 86 logo, I guess, but not concerned with it enough to care a lot. The blank spot just kind of bugs me.

I know yospeed makes custom badges; they look great and for what they do the price seems pretty good. I just don't care enough to drop $25 on vanity.

I'd be happy to pay someone shipping and a few bucks for something they don't want, however, to make the blankness go away.

Thanks..

Barry

WhiteFRS69 11-14-2015 05:45 PM

you can get them pretty cheap off of Amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CENTER-CONSOLE-LOGO-PLAQUE-SCION/dp/B016R0WJXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447541180&sr=8-1&keywords=frs+center+console+plaque"]Amazon.com : CENTER CONSOLE LOGO PLAQUE Fits 2013 2014 2015 2016 SCION FR-S #14 : Everything Else[/ame]

MuseChaser 11-14-2015 05:49 PM

Thanks, White. I did check.. the link you furnished is $7.99.... not bad.... plus $10 shipping... which would be OK if it was solid gold bullion and REALLY heavy, I guess. There's a couple on eBay by the same company ... Zeta... for between $10 - $15 including shipping, but I still figured I'd check here first. Better to "recycle" if someone's got one lying around, is all.

Appreciate the reply... thanks again.

Barry

Tcoat 11-14-2015 06:11 PM

Might as well head to Ebay there Muse. The only ones that have something there are the numbered special editions and I highly doubt you are going to get your hands on one of those plates.
Beside it is one of the cheapest "mods" you can do.

soulreapersteve 11-14-2015 06:18 PM

The yospeed ones are worth more than their price, especially if you get a customized one...

Well, at least to me anyways.

Fishbed77 11-14-2015 07:21 PM

I got one of the black Yospeed 86 plaques. Well-made and looks like it could have come stock with the car. Well worth it to fill the dust-catching hole on the center console.

humfrz 11-14-2015 09:00 PM

So.......I reckon you won't be looking at a turbocharger ......;)


humfrz

KR-S 11-14-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulreapersteve (Post 2451710)
The yospeed ones are worth more than their price, especially if you get a customized one...

Well, at least to me anyways.

I checked the website. No option of custom on the drop-down menu. I assume you have to call them up for one?

Tcoat 11-14-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2451816)
So.......I reckon you won't be looking at a turbocharger ......;)


humfrz

Made me spew my coffee there Hum!


http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ea/ea7f1...7155888edf.jpg

Packofcrows 11-14-2015 10:02 PM

anyone remember the guy that made custom ones?

Tcoat 11-14-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packofcrows (Post 2451869)
anyone remember the guy that made custom ones?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23480

KR-S 11-14-2015 10:48 PM

No more custom engravings it appears. I'm late by 3 years. :(

soulreapersteve 11-14-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 2451857)
I checked the website. No option of custom on the drop-down menu. I assume you have to call them up for one?

Don't quote me because I do not know if he will still do one, but does not hurt to ask. David is a really nice guy to work with, especially when I asked if he would do a one off custom door sill project for me.

If I recall correctly, he was working on some new projects but hey, you'll never know! :D

Shoot him an email and see what he says.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8b&oe=56B94F6C

CFC BRZ 11-15-2015 12:07 PM

I picked up one of the Zeta ones off of Amazon. It definitely looks nice but the inscription (mine said BRZ in red) started flaking off after a month or two. Sitting in the summer sun didn't help. I've since removed it.
Maybe I'll check out Yospeed if the quality is better.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.