Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   NA Injector Upgrade? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91370)

megamarines 07-09-2015 03:38 PM

NA Injector Upgrade?
 
Hey guys, so I decided on building my motor decently and keep it NA for a while until the warranty dies on me. I do have some questions and ideas, though.

My goal before doing any forced induction would be pulleys, bigger throttle body, maybe a bigger intake manifold, header, radiator, oil cooler, and full exhaust. Obviously if custom tuned, would 400-550cc injectors be too much? I want to maximize efficiency of the motor, but was wondering if injectors would help me with more power if I wanna go beyond the standard 210 of NA.

I rarely work with injectors, but I figured it's worth asking. Any help or details would be great.

DustinS 07-09-2015 03:44 PM

You shouldn't need to upgrade injectors for N/A power at all. Even when running E85.

cdrazic93 07-09-2015 03:48 PM

Not really, the stock injectors are fine upto about where avo's turbo kit can get you on low-ish psi. ~260whp. So far i havent seen anyone crack 215 to the wheels NA yet. Hopefully that ultimate NA thread will shine through

DustinS 07-09-2015 03:55 PM

Stock injectors are good past that on pump gas. 300whp+?

megamarines 07-09-2015 04:09 PM

So it's not worth at all? Would there be any upsides to going with a bigger size or even a basic fuel pump upgrade?

DustinS 07-09-2015 04:24 PM

You get to spend money...?

I don't think there is. Not until you go FI. Replacing the pump isn't the easiest thing in the world.

megamarines 07-09-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustinS (Post 2315685)
You get to spend money...?

I don't think there is. Not until you go FI. Replacing the pump isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Well I'm not looking to /burn/ money, but looking to squeeze out any additional power if I can. If it doesn't help at all then it's really not worth it. I do appreciate the help, though thank you.

Kodename47 07-09-2015 05:48 PM

The car's not down on power due to not being able rich enough. Plus don't forget you have both sets of injectors. You could run almost 100% of the time DI on a NA car without issue. The DI gives you a lot of fueling headroom.

CSG Mike 07-09-2015 06:25 PM

There's zero reason to upgrade injectors on a NA car, unless you're doing a V8 swap, or something...

zkv476 07-09-2015 10:28 PM

Injectors are one of those things that allow for more power headroom but provide zero additional power by themselves. Think stuff like axles, forged pistons, rods, valve springs (not counting changed CR and stuff like that.)

swarb 07-09-2015 10:52 PM

Out of all the stuff you named, only header, oil cooler, and full exhaust is actually needed to make more power. The rest is pretty useless or is not even out yet.

Andrew025 07-09-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamarines (Post 2315706)
Well I'm not looking to /burn/ money, but looking to squeeze out any additional power if I can. If it doesn't help at all then it's really not worth it. I do appreciate the help, though thank you.

You really only need to upgrade injectors if they're maxing out or close to it.
You don't get more power by dumping more fuel in than required.

MaximeT 07-10-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarb (Post 2316125)
Out of all the stuff you named, only header, oil cooler, and full exhaust is actually needed to make more power. The rest is pretty useless or is not even out yet.

To make power, you need more air, not more fuel.

Like swarb said, header is what you need.

Carlitoz3 07-10-2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarb (Post 2316125)
Out of all the stuff you named, only header, oil cooler, and full exhaust is actually needed to make more power. The rest is pretty useless or is not even out yet.

How does an oil cooler make more power?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.