Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   TRD Lowering Springs and 16" wheels anyone have? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90974)

stevesnj 07-02-2015 11:56 AM

TRD Lowering Springs and 16" wheels anyone have?
 
Anyone have this combination, thought's on how it rides and is it too low?

thanks!

makesdrivingfunagain 08-07-2016 12:41 AM

Anyone have this combination, thought's on how it rides and is it too low?

Yes, I have the TRD springs and TRD front and Rear Sway Bar set installed for the last 3-4 months. Tires 225/50/16 Yok Advan Neova ADO8R. For me it isn't too low. It rides great and is more comfortable with the lowering springs than the stock springs with respect to ride quality (it is smoother) even my wife noticed as a passenger (she has never driven this). On a side note the car turns a bit faster and has a little bit better improvement in a decreased body roll. These aren't MASSIVE increases in performance but noticeable, subtle but noticeable and better in my opinion. As far as too low, if you drive slow, you should be fine.. PM if you have nay more questions. Also can text a photo before and after.

stevesnj 08-07-2016 11:07 AM

I forgot I made this thread..lol thanks for the info! I have the TRD lowering springs and saving for my 16" wheels and tires so I'll have a pic before and after. I'll check out those tires too. I'm trying for that fine line between comfort and max handling performance without coil overs.

makesdrivingfunagain 08-07-2016 08:22 PM

I actually have a set of Continental Extreme Contact DW 225/50/16 in my garage. I drove those for a year 11-12k miles on my everyday FRS. These tires are WAY more comfortable than the Yokohama's, but, BUT the Yokohamas ADO8R's are Way more grippy. They are also 2lbs lighter per tire. If i didn't autocross the continentals would be my tire of choice! I did autocross on the Continentals and completed around 25 laps. A good tire and I did beat some manual transmission people with stock tires. But these people that i beat didn't have much experience at auto crossing. The ADO8R 225/50/16 look better while mounted on the car though. Text if you want a pic or a video of my car..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.