Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   My "Financial Mistake" (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90818)

Josh Ehlert 06-29-2015 10:23 PM

My "Financial Mistake"
 
My back story:

Around 6 months ago I was in the market for a new car. Something nice and something newer but still had to have the ability to accept some bolt ons with relative ease. I was looking at everything (mazdaspeed family, newer miatas, civic si, wrx, evo, s2000, ect., I also was really interested in the challengers, but after seeing it up close its just too big of a car for me) I started to look at the fr-s/brz. I personally like the front end of a fr-s better than the brz. I went though my banks "find me a car" option and found an fr-s not too far away. Decided to go take a look at it. It was around 30-40 min away. It was inside, tucked away in the way back corner. The guy started it up for me and it was loud (in a good way) After browsing their warehouse while they were getting the car out I jumped in the drivers seat and went for a spin. My thoughts.. "Man, this car feels like a go cart, sounds great, shifter feels awesome. The transmission was kinda loud which worried me at first. (has a short throw, and bushings from what I have gathered.) I had to have it. I signed the papers and drove away. I couldn't be happier with my decision. Is the car slow? Meh, who cares. This car for me is about the driving experience. It's my $20,000 therapist. So anyhow, on to the fun stuff.

Bought the car with 12k ish miles.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...pskqllm1xe.jpg

More pics once I make sure this one pops up.

Jaden 07-01-2015 05:20 PM

Does it have TRD springs on it?
 
That doesn't look like the stock ride height. Does it have TRD springs on it?

Jaden

Josh Ehlert 07-01-2015 07:05 PM

Eibach sportline springs. I'll get more pics up at some point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chezplatypus 07-02-2015 09:10 AM

Man we have the best color. Congrats on the purchase!

eggncheese 07-02-2015 09:48 AM

More like financial win!

JellyForSale 07-02-2015 10:49 AM

Always happy to see more Ultramrine love, look great! Happy driving!

Josh Ehlert 07-06-2015 06:32 PM

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psbd39ntme.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psr8adgml2.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psmcqxirzm.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psmigi3ice.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psiij0kpzu.jpg

Poor thing sitting in the snow
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...pswbgrkzem.jpg

After a little bit I ordered the open flash tablet. Ran the e85 tune with stock intake and header. Brought it to king motorsports dyno day and made 189hp and 154 ftbs of torque. I was really hoping my open flash header would get here before the meet but no dice. Header is now installed and I picked up an Injen intake off a local for a good price.

Stock header
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...pssan0j7mu.jpg

No header
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psaa9rzupf.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3tts9fof.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7dlobshc.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psoiyuq06y.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...pskj34zp8l.jpg

Next to my very long term project and a buddy trying to not be in the pic
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psdmvlog1g.jpg

Stock intake removed
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9uwrrmny.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psnquyopsg.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psr9o8db15.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...psmhziya4v.jpg

Haven't had time to get back to the dyno but hopefully by the end of summer. I work a lot and am currently in the middle of buying a house so things are a little hectic.

TylerLieberman 07-06-2015 06:52 PM

Guessing the camera was the financial mistake, seeing how half your pictures are upside down

Josh Ehlert 07-06-2015 06:55 PM

Damn Iphone. I have no idea how to fix them since they appear normal for me.

Josh Ehlert 09-26-2015 08:43 PM

Hit the track today hoping to break into 13's. Could only manage a 14.0. So damn close...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.