Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is the frs/brz your first manual transmission car? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82529)

swarb 02-16-2015 07:27 PM

Is the frs/brz your first manual transmission car?

Is the frs/brz your first manual car? I see quite a few transmission/ clutch/ engine problems for some people and it seems they are first time manual drivers.

pushrod 02-16-2015 07:31 PM

There was no option that said "lol no" so I picked the closest one.

Bobblehead 02-16-2015 07:34 PM

This isn't my first manual, but it is my first car with a clutch pedal spring. Remove that damn thing, and you'll be able to drive it better.

f0rge 02-17-2015 09:46 AM

Not my first manual, but I taught my wife how to drive stick in this car. Her first time ever even trying, hell she only got her license when she was 26.

No problems for me or her or the car.

Tcoat 02-17-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f0rge (Post 2135545)
Not my first manual, but I taught my wife how to drive stick in this car. Her first time ever even trying, hell she only got her license when she was 26.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...-this-look.jpg

Zanwald 02-17-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f0rge (Post 2135545)

My wife is about to get her license. She's 23. Hates the idea of driving. How did that go over for you? I want to teach her but I really don't want her to destroy the car.

Choco 02-17-2015 09:52 PM

My first manual is RX-7 and it had a weird clutch so it was hard to learn in. My BRZ is an auto.

1GiantTurtle 02-18-2015 02:25 AM

My first manual is 86/fr-s and it had a weird clutch so it was hard to learn in. My 86/fr-s is an manual.

Die$eL 02-18-2015 02:33 AM

You mean there is something other than manual?
Blasphemy!!! :paddle:

CrispyCheddar 02-18-2015 06:38 AM

My FRS is my first REAL car. My own purchase. My first manual. The car I had before was a hand me down KIA from mother bear. My dad taught me how to drive stick when I was younger but haven't driven since.y buddy has an NA miata that he let me drive for an hour or so just to try to get better. I picked it up fairly quickly. Haven't had the car long, haven't had any issues (knock on wood) aside from the Ohio arctic weather making it a little harder to get on second and sometimes third when I an just starting up. BTW, am 19. Will be 20 in the summer

Ramster 02-18-2015 08:21 AM

Yes, but with just minor issues because of the heavier flywheel and how hard it catches when the plates start making contact. But if anything, it taught me to try to get perfect rev matching all the time.

brandonblt2 02-18-2015 08:57 AM

I brought the car not knowing how to drive stick. I drove it off the dealer lot (after stalling a coarse) only to get stuck around the corner for 45 minutes on a hill with traffic backed up behind me on a one way road. I quickly tried to look up how to do hill starts on my phone while I was sitting there with people honking and yelling at me, didn't help. Lucky a random guy walking down the street offered to help seeing as he knew how to drive stick he just had to take his kid home first. He then returned with leather racing gloves at that point I thought he was going to push me out and take off with my new car. But lucky he just drove me up the hill and to highway, I thanked the guy and offered him money but he refused to take it. Without him to this day I would probably still be on that hill with a destroyed clutch lol

Pat.Thornton 02-18-2015 09:36 AM

^ lmao... My first manual too and haven't had any trouble so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRZZZZZZZZZZ 02-18-2015 09:44 AM

No, I have owned one auto and I could only take it two months before I got rid of it.

Parents have never owned an automatic either.

Manual FTW.