Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AmsOil/Motul oil flush... increased mileage? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80357)

aznatama 01-08-2015 03:13 PM

AmsOil/Motul oil flush... increased mileage?
 
So I just flushed all the factory fluid out and put in AmsOil 0w-20 and Motule Gear 300 in the tranny and diff...

On the way home, I noticed an significantly increased mpg while cruising at 70mph. :iono:

I'm at about 6500 miles on the odo, with a factor oil change done at 1k miles. Tranny and diff fluids never touched. Odd, but I'm okay with this... :D

zooki 01-09-2015 02:46 AM

What exactly is "significant"? Are you going by the MPG displayed on the dash, or are you actually calculating the MPG using the odometer and gallons of gas you pump at the station. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years now, and I always calculate my MPG when I fill up and compare it to the dash display. I've gotten where I don't even pay attention to the display, it's that far off. It's never been within 3 MPG of actual...

aznatama 01-10-2015 12:26 AM

I'm getting high 30 current mpg instead of the usual low/mid 30 mpg while cruising at 70mph. I'll see after my first fill up. I only do like 8k miles/yr, so it's a bit between fills.

CoupedUpSubie 01-10-2015 07:29 AM

Honestly I don't buy into the whole thing of certain oils increasing fuel mileage. It may be that I have always used quality oil. I find that certain gas stations seem to carry better then others. If you live where e10 fuel is used and you happened to get a tank with lower then normal levels of ethanol then that could account for a significant(2-3 mpg) increase.

l0aded 01-20-2015 09:40 PM

imo placebo.

Whatabouteggs 01-21-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l0aded (Post 2098815)
imo placebo.

I don't speak spanish.

Any noticed difference is probably imagined though.

aznatama 01-21-2015 11:16 PM

"Imo placebo" is acronym + English... Not Spanish.

Maybe, but can't really test now, too cold so I drive differently. Oh well. Probably a placebo though.

l0aded 01-22-2015 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whatabouteggs (Post 2100556)
I don't speak spanish.

Any noticed difference is probably imagined though.


Sorry; in my opinion it is due to the placebo effect.

AZP Installs 01-28-2015 07:13 PM

I've never seen 30mpg in my BRZ. I do drive 80-85mph almost everywhere though. I use Motul 300v 5w30 and Motul Gear 300 in the trans and diffy.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg
Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.
Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

billyk 01-28-2015 09:06 PM

I average 30mpg around town/highway. Sometimes 31+mpg, sometimes 29mpg.
Has been consistent for the first two months of ownership.
Stock fluids.

gravitylover 01-28-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZP Installs (Post 2109501)
I've never seen 30mpg in my BRZ. I do drive 80-85mph almost everywhere though. I use Motul 300v 5w30 and Motul Gear 300 in the trans and diffy.

-Mike Paisan

You're not doing it right. I'm in and out of downtown (Soho) everyday, take a look at my fuelly badge below - \/


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.