Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   My attempt to duplicate my car in 1/24 scale (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74155)

shiumai 09-13-2014 10:18 PM

My attempt to duplicate my car in 1/24 scale
 
12 Attachment(s)
I've been waiting for the DGM Autoart BRZ model to come out, but it hasn't, so I figured I'd try to build a replica of my own car using a plastic model. It's been at least 20 years since I built a plastic model; and I've never built a car so I'm seriously out of practice. But, I figured why not? So, I ordered an Aoshima 1/24 scale BRZ STi which came with the same STi front lip that I have on my car. Luckily, Aoshima makes 1/24 scale 57xtremes so I bought those as well.

I didn't put too much detail into it as I just wanted a desk display model, and I don't have an airbrush so I rattle-canned the body. Screwed up on it - first colour was too light so I bought a darker grey. Too many coats resulted in orange peel. Tried to sand down the clear coat over it, but oh well. Looks like a matte vinyl wrap now. :)

I had to fake the Tom's lights - I just painted the chrome insert black and made a red inner lens to simulate the Tom's. I took a picture of my license plate, reduced it, printed it out and stuck it to the plate holder.

I took my time on it and was pretty careful, but even so, I made some mistakes. But, I learned a lot along the way. I've always had a lot of respect for fine scale modellers - I definitely don't have those skills. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Anyways - here it is (and my own car for comparison)!

MrAmalto 09-13-2014 10:31 PM

Wow, that came out really nicely.

mikepaul21 09-14-2014 07:47 AM

your car in real life looks amazing

xDBOYx 09-14-2014 09:51 AM

nice im working on a tamiya 1/10th scale right now, your came out nice

Tcoat 09-14-2014 08:27 PM

Even got the right rims!

jorbis 09-14-2014 08:38 PM

looks awesome!!

Marty 09-19-2014 06:01 PM

that's awesome!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.