Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stromung Exhaust (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72747)

BlackBRZKnight 08-22-2014 07:54 PM

Stromung Exhaust
 
Hey Everyone,

After having my BRZ remain stock for 1000 miles, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an axleback, Stromung to be exact. I was really impressed with the sound and the look of the exhaust and felt that it was a perfect choice for the direction I'm going with the car. I saw Mitch's review of it (http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...omung+exhaust)
which sold me on the piece. I called and spoke with a gentleman by the name of Scott this past Monday, 08/18/14 and ordered over the phone since the order link to their BRZ axleback wasn't posted on their site.
Anyway, long story short, it's now the evening of Friday 08/22/14 and I have yet to receive a tracking number to my email or a call back (I've left two messages inquiring for any updates that may be available with no returned calls). I've also sent 3 emails inquiring for the same information with no reply either.
Has anyone else had the same experience with their customer service as I have so far? The money has been withdrawn from my bank account so the exhaust is paid for, I'm just curious to know where in the US it is. I know the company is based out of CA, so I'm expecting maybe a delivery sometime next week?:iono:
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get feedback from other members on here who have dealt with this company and what their experiences were with them. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

B-R-Z 08-22-2014 07:57 PM

I wouldn't stress out over it yet, I get that you're excited for it but a few days with no tracking number from a small company is not out of the ordinary.

BlackBRZKnight 08-22-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-R-Z (Post 1912804)
I wouldn't stress out over it yet, I get that you're excited for it but a few days with no tracking number from a small company is not out of the ordinary.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I was just worried that they wouldn't know to tie my email that I used to talk to Scott with my order, which is why I've tried to email and call them to make sure. I guess if I don't hear from them by next week, I will need to start finding out how to get my money back and look at other options.

B-R-Z 08-22-2014 08:11 PM

I'm sure you're fine and will get your exhaust, someone in that thread even said their turnaround time and communication sucks.

BlackBRZKnight 09-04-2014 06:29 PM

So as an update to this thread, I received my exhaust this past Monday 09/01. Packaging was very well done and I was pleasantly surprised at the craftsmanship of this exhaust. Welds are very nice (no fabrication experience here) but all the welds look even for the most part and the finish was what surprised me the most. The actually muffler body, piping and hangers are all done in a brushed finish if that makes sense. The only *chrome* on the whole system are the tips and after installing the axleback, I am very very impressed with not only the sound, but also the way it looks.
Yes the customer service could use some improvement, but if you can tough that out and the shipping (took two weeks to get this from CA), then you will be pleased. I guess it really depends on what you're going for with your car though.
As for myself, I wanted something that filled in both exhaust openings in the bumper and gave the exhaust a little more bark. Completely satisfied with this exhaust from fit and finish to sound. Definately recommend it to anyone looking at this!

JohnJuan 09-04-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBRZKnight (Post 1932101)
So as an update to this thread, I received my exhaust this past Monday 09/01. Packaging was very well done and I was pleasantly surprised at the craftsmanship of this exhaust. Welds are very nice (no fabrication experience here) but all the welds look even for the most part and the finish was what surprised me the most. The actually muffler body, piping and hangers are all done in a brushed finish if that makes sense. The only *chrome* on the whole system are the tips and after installing the axleback, I am very very impressed with not only the sound, but also the way it looks.
Yes the customer service could use some improvement, but if you can tough that out and the shipping (took two weeks to get this from CA), then you will be pleased. I guess it really depends on what you're going for with your car though.
As for myself, I wanted something that filled in both exhaust openings in the bumper and gave the exhaust a little more bark. Completely satisfied with this exhaust from fit and finish to sound. Definately recommend it to anyone looking at this!

Good to hear! Any chance we could get a video and/or some pictures?

tawheed 09-05-2014 10:45 AM

I was gonna buy one of these as well but ended up with a greddy sp elite. TBH, after the first startup I was pretty disappointed that it's so quiet, but I've heard it will get somewhat louder.

B-R-Z 09-05-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tawheed (Post 1933018)
I was gonna buy one of these as well but ended up with a greddy sp elite. TBH, after the first startup I was pretty disappointed that it's so quiet, but I've heard it will get somewhat louder.

Add a UEL header and you'll probably be happy if you're looking for a clean subtle exhaust note, and rumbles.

I have a Tsudo UEL header and Top Speed Pro 1 ABE which is almost identical to the greddy sp elite.

Here's before and after clips, both with the axle back.

Stock header: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tockHeader.mp3
UEL Header: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Z/TsudoUEL.mp3


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.