Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Greddy Base Map for FRS Greddy Turbo Kit (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69469)

hiranak 07-06-2014 12:18 PM

Greddy Base Map for FRS Greddy Turbo Kit
 
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, I tried to search without success.

Is there a EcuTek/open flash base map that is released for the Greddy Turbo Kit? Either by Greddy themselves or another tuner which can be retuned.

I tried to mailing Greddy US but they haven't replied.


Thanks in advance.:thanks:

nelsmar 07-06-2014 01:07 PM

Are you looking for one to use, or one to give to your tuner as a starting point?

hiranak 07-06-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1831735)
Are you looking for one to use, or one to give to your tuner as a starting point?

One to give my tuner as a starting point, there are no Ecutek master tuners my my country.

nelsmar 07-06-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiranak (Post 1831746)
One to give my tuner as a starting point, there are no Ecutek master tuners my my country.

If your tuner is going to use ecutek the documentation has information on setting up a base map for boost. I would say I can send you one but the last time I did that I found out the guy was just daily driving on it at WOT having a blast and never got it tuned... >.<

wparsons 07-08-2014 09:04 PM

Shiv should have an OTS map for the SBD kit out soonish which should get you close enough to start with. It's a different turbo, but the rest of the kit is very similar to the Greddy and as long as you're only using it as a starting point it should be close enough.

nelsmar 07-08-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wparsons (Post 1836151)
Shiv should have an OTS map for the SBD kit out soonish which should get you close enough to start with. It's a different turbo, but the rest of the kit is very similar to the Greddy and as long as you're only using it as a starting point it should be close enough.

Did he say it was going to be an unlocked map though? Because his vortech map is locked. So if that was the case this also wouldn't help him.

Shiv@Openflash 07-10-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1836158)
Did he say it was going to be an unlocked map though? Because his vortech map is locked. So if that was the case this also wouldn't help him.

The Vortech maps are NOT locked. Neither are are SBD maps.

AZFA20 07-10-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1836158)
Did he say it was going to be an unlocked map though? Because his vortech map is locked. So if that was the case this also wouldn't help him.

I was going to say, I thought ALL the stuff Shiv does is open source (open tunes=anybody can edit the tunes once downloaded)....... That is the main advantage to the OFT :thumbsup:

nelsmar 07-10-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZFA20 (Post 1839813)
I was going to say, I thought ALL the stuff Shiv does is open source (open tunes=anybody can edit the tunes once downloaded)....... That is the main advantage to the OFT :thumbsup:

The vortech used to be locked and shiv said he wasn't planning on releasing the bin rom for it but it looks like all those posts may have been removed. Thats good to hear that its unlocked now though! =)

Shiv@Openflash 07-10-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1840176)
The vortech used to be locked and shiv said he wasn't planning on releasing the bin rom for it but it looks like all those posts may have been removed. Thats good to hear that its unlocked now though! =)

Nelsmar, the Vortech maps were in .dev file for the beta period. As I said back then, once they were out of beta, they would be released in standard unencrypted .bin format which we have been doing for the last couple months now. I don't know of any posts that have been deleted or what that had to do with us doing exactly what we said we were going to do months ago.

ztan 10-27-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash (Post 1840307)
Nelsmar, the Vortech maps were in .dev file for the beta period. As I said back then, once they were out of beta, they would be released in standard unencrypted .bin format which we have been doing for the last couple months now. I don't know of any posts that have been deleted or what that had to do with us doing exactly what we said we were going to do months ago.

Hi Shiv,
Are you going to be making the Vortech .bin files easily available via your website? I was looking for the Vortech files out of interest to see how you've tuned them and can't find them anywhere.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.