Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Anyone plastidip'd their stock rims? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68484)

frz06 06-20-2014 10:57 PM

Anyone plastidip'd their stock rims?
 
Got any picture to post? What color and comments?

N1rve 06-20-2014 11:54 PM

Useeee the search young padawan.

frz06 06-21-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N1rve (Post 1808172)
Useeee the search young padawan.

hahaha. yeah, I must be getting lazier.

but I really want to know people's opinion

husker741 06-21-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frz06 (Post 1808099)
Got any picture to post? What color and comments?

Absolutely zero people have dipped theirs. Literally no one. It's astonishing, really.

jebuwh 06-21-2014 12:47 AM

Holy crap. I've never even thought of that...

AznKirby 06-21-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1808226)
Absolutely zero people have dipped theirs. Literally no one. It's astonishing, really.

If only this were true.

frz06 06-21-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznKirby (Post 1808249)
If only this were true.

They're being sarcastic. lol

Well, still waiting for opinions. I saw some google photos but I don't find them admiring. I might stick with Tenzo R dc6 and dip em.

Realm 06-21-2014 01:25 AM

I saw a Mazda today for sale, what caught my attention were the black wheels... I came back, and they were just (I guess) stock because of the name badge. I have a feeling he dipped his cause I saw a few runs.. I'm curious also how the stock wheels look dipped. < I don't really like ours now, these didn't have all the spokes.

AznKirby 06-21-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frz06 (Post 1808263)
They're being sarcastic. lol

Well, still waiting for opinions. I saw some google photos but I don't find them admiring. I might stick with Tenzo R dc6 and dip em.

I understood they were being sarcastic.
I guess my comment went way over your head.

I wish it were true that nobody dipped their wheels.
Plastidip shouldn't be a thing.

Do it once, do it right.

myusernameisrob 06-21-2014 03:42 AM

Dipped wheels make the car look cheap if it's matte.

They don't look as bad if they're shiny.

root 06-21-2014 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoitsrob (Post 1808363)
Dipped wheels make the car look cheap if it's matte.

They don't look as bad if they're shiny.

I've stated in my long ago post with pics, they look way better than stock. Had them black for about a year, then did the gold metalizer.

kALMIGHTY 06-21-2014 04:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I'll be nice and post a picture. Black base with a light coat of silver metallizer and two coats of glossifier.

Attachment 82737

Ninetyfivetil 06-26-2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznKirby (Post 1808362)

Do it once, do it right.

So true. But sadly, I've dipped mine a bronze color to satisfy my tastes until I can buy some rpf1's. :iono:

DaJo 06-26-2014 05:06 AM

Plastidipped them black with a couple coats of Glossifier...

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dhu0s8.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/es124y.jpg

I guess I got no need for them anymore!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2i068gz.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.