Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Flossy Shift Knob delay? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66438)

faa526 05-22-2014 09:30 PM

Flossy Shift Knob delay?
 
Hey guys,

In the beginning of this month I made a purchase of a custom Flossy Shift Knob and its been over two weeks and these guys have still not contacted me with any information. Have you guys, who have ordered custom knobs from Flossy, had any problems with delays? Flossy seems to be very sketchy since the only way to contact them is via email. I saw a video from brz club on youtube and I really liked the shift knob so I went ahead and bought a custom one. However, I am growing a little scared since I spent over $100 on a product and these guys have still not contacted me in any way after making the purchase and giving them the engraving details :paddle:. Hope to hear from you guys, thanks!

dbrandt01 05-22-2014 09:41 PM

Should've researched them a little. Not saying everyone has a bad experience, but a lot have.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60584

The bad experiences on the forum made me choose a different shift knob.

ethn 05-22-2014 11:33 PM

You really just get lucky when you order. Most people get their knobs, but the ones that don't, usually don't see it for months. I myself have been waiting about three on a return. So, just be cautious.

eSOLOR 05-23-2014 03:06 AM

I ordered mine late April and got it about a week later :iono:

UnOvertime 05-23-2014 08:16 AM

Yes it has been hit or miss for people. A friend ordered his and got it within a week. I ordered mine around Valentine's day and it didn't show up until mid-April. Good quality shift knob, but customer service is not very good.

racecarshots 05-23-2014 06:41 PM

I just got a shipment notice yesterday. Hopefully it shows up soon!

racecarshots 05-29-2014 09:55 AM

I have been trying to contact them but they have had zero response. Looks like I am hosed. Oh well, I'd avoid them.

racecarshots 06-02-2014 11:32 AM

Just as an update, Flossy did get back to me and things are being straightened out. Figured I would just update that.

racecarshots 07-02-2014 06:29 PM

PS - they SAID they were going to clear things up but jsut disappeared again. Avoid these people.

Fastbrew 07-24-2014 01:21 AM

I cannot get a response via e-mail. I really hope this guy has not become a con artist and is just a 27 year old kid who is really busy.

The guys name is Chad Sherwood.
here is a picture of him -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rjdeslate/5980378485/

Here is his profile from another forum - his one post has his phone number (or old phone number) which matches the WHOIS info below.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...chadmoney.html
Date of Birth
September 26th, 1986

I am about ready to start using these alternate methods of contact if they don't start answering requests.

srchaddles@gmail.com
is associated with ~5 domains



Registrar TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Registrar Status clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited
Dates Created on 2011-06-08 - Expires on 2015-06-08 - Updated on 2014-05-25
Name Server(s) NS1.SYSTEMDNS.COM (has 272,076 domains)
NS2.SYSTEMDNS.COM (has 272,076 domains)
NS3.SYSTEMDNS.COM (has 272,076 domains)

IP Address 204.93.213.54 - 104,258 other sites hosted on this server
IP Location United States - Illinois - Chicago - Shopify Inc.
ASN United States AS23352 SERVERCENTRAL - Server Central Network,US (registered Mar 05, 2002)
Domain Status Registered And Active Website
Whois History 24 records have been archived since 2011-06-09
IP History 9 changes on 4 unique IP addresses over 3 years
Registrar History 1 registrar
Hosting History 1 change on 2 unique name servers over 3 years
Whois Server whois.tucows.com
Website
Website Title flossy shop — flossy shop
Response Code 200
SEO Score 63%
Terms 135 (Unique: 94, Linked: 84)
Images 14 (Alt tags missing: 1)
Links 25 (Internal: 22, Outbound: 3)
Whois Record ( last updated on 2014-07-23 )
Domain Name: SHOPFLOSSY.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1660485874_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2014-05-25 08:56:47
Creation Date: 2011-06-08 08:27:40
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-06-08 08:27:40
Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165350123
Reseller: Shopify
Reseller:
Reseller: 866-704-0252
Reseller: http://www.shopify.com
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Chad Sherwood
Registrant Organization: buy our floss
Registrant Street: 1513 Rimrock Drive
Registrant City: Escondido
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 92027
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.7609085246

Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Chad Sherwood
Admin Organization: buy our floss
Admin Street: 1513 Rimrock Drive
Admin City: Escondido
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 92027
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.7609085246
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email:
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Chad Sherwood
Tech Organization: buy our floss
Tech Street: 1513 Rimrock Drive
Tech City: Escondido
Tech State/Province: CA
Tech Postal Code: 92027
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.7609085246
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:
Name Server: NS2.SYSTEMDNS.COM
Name Server: NS3.SYSTEMDNS.COM
Name Server: NS1.SYSTEMDNS.COM
DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

martinEZ 07-24-2014 09:16 AM

Was putting his address on here necessary though? Odds are an 86er among us is a 4chan user, and now this guys is gonna start getting bowls of diarrhea mail to him.

I get that you want your product or refund, but publicly going CSI on him probably won't accelerate the process...IMO...

ethn 07-24-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinEZ (Post 1863033)
Was putting his address on here necessary though?

At this point it is. The man hasn't given me a refund, and it's been since January and I have yet to receive my knob. I can't get a refund through the bank because it's been so long, so at this point he has stolen from me. It is completely necessary.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinEZ 07-24-2014 10:07 AM

They way I see it, there are two possibilities. Like stated above, he is either completely ignorant of his customers, or he is swamped because of an issue in the production or supply chains.

EITHER WAY, if it was me and I saw that the person wanting a refund posted my home address (if that's what it is) on a website so others can spam me, I'm probably not going to try that hard to get that person their refund.

Its like pooping on the post office floor because the tracker says your package is there but no one can find it.

They probably aren't going to try that much harder to find it.

This is primarily for the sake of arguing, just FYI. I am not defending him, just a little conjecture.

Fastbrew 07-24-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinEZ (Post 1863033)
Was putting his address on here necessary though? Odds are an 86er among us is a 4chan user, and now this guys is gonna start getting bowls of diarrhea mail to him.

I get that you want your product or refund, but publicly going CSI on him probably won't accelerate the process...IMO...

It is public info. It is probably his parents house, though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.