Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Fuel Indicator not going up - OFT (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66220)

01s0uljah 05-20-2014 12:12 AM

Fuel Indicator not going up - OFT
 
Anybody experiencing their fuel indicator not going up after filling up? After flashing with the OFT tune, I was at about 3/4 full and went to top it off. Needle didnt move at all. Drove about 75KM and topped it off again and still not moving. I know there's gas going into the tank.

Shiv@Openflash 05-20-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01s0uljah (Post 1747690)
Anybody experiencing their fuel indicator not going up after filling up? After flashing with the OFT tune, I was at about 3/4 full and went to top it off. Needle didnt move at all. Drove about 75KM and topped it off again and still not moving. I know there's gas going into the tank.

The fuel level indicator has nothing to do with the ECU flash/OFT. If the problem persists, I'd take it to the dealership. Perhaps the fuel level sensor (in the tank) is damaged or faulty. It would be the first time I ever heard of that problem in this car though.

01s0uljah 05-20-2014 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu (Post 1747714)
The fuel level indicator has nothing to do with the ECU flash/OFT. If the problem persists, I'd take it to the dealership. Perhaps the fuel level sensor (in the tank) is damaged or faulty. It would be the first time I ever heard of that problem in this car though.


Thanks Shiv! Didn't mean to really point fingers at the OFT (Awesome device BTW). I didn't have a chance to fill a full tank after I got the tune so I assumed there might be some relation to it.

Do you recommend me flashing back to stock before bringing it to the dealer?

steve99 05-20-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01s0uljah (Post 1747870)
Thanks Shiv! Didn't mean to really point fingers at the OFT (Awesome device BTW). I didn't have a chance to fill a full tank after I got the tune so I assumed there might be some relation to it.

Do you recommend me flashing back to stock before bringing it to the dealer?

Very unlikly they would pick up tune but it only takes a few minutes to flash back to stock ,
.Also if they happen to update your rom at the dealership you can erase your oft and marry up to new rom calibration.

tnle 05-20-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01s0uljah (Post 1747690)
about 3/4 full and went to top it off. Needle didnt move at all.

Common FRS/86/BRZ issue, fill up at quarter tank and you'll never run into this

feldy 05-20-2014 08:54 AM

I have had this before when putting in just a little bit of gas for autox.

jamesm 05-20-2014 10:57 AM

This happened to me as well before... if you disconnect the battery and wait a while (or reset the ecu with a reflash) it might go back up.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.