Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Swp paint question (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65369)

Njjawn 05-08-2014 04:42 PM

Swp paint question
 
Long story short I need a new front bumper and to have it painted.
The car is 1 month old. I'm being told it needs to be blended into the fenders and hood to look right. Would I be able to get away with just having the bumper done (dramatically less)?

evomike 05-08-2014 04:47 PM

you can paint that cover alone if the shop is good especially if they use water based paint, the water based white matches way better.

Muskokan 05-08-2014 05:07 PM

Swp pearl is a bitch of a paint.



Such a beautiful bitch. Protect that shit like your left nut op. 2 stone chips are costing me $1,000 bones to repair!!


$1,000!!!!!!!

N1rve 05-08-2014 05:12 PM

The front bumper is going to look different anyway because of the construction of the bumper. Painting metal is different from painting plastic. You can get away with just painting the bumper.

Stay Fresh Car Care 05-08-2014 05:38 PM

If you want it done the right way, blending is the way to go. If the body shop wants to do this, they know what there doing :)

spitfire481 05-08-2014 07:02 PM

It took me hours of tinting and test cards to get that color right to be able to not blend the whole front end. It matches better than the factory rear matches that car now lol. It all depends on how well the painter can tint with his paint system and how much time he is willing to spend

phrosty 05-10-2014 05:42 PM

One of my fenders and bumper were fully re-painted after a minor accident. No blending. I can tell, but need to be looking for it and right up on the car at a specific angle. The curves of the car in that area and the pearl paint make the color vary enough that it's doable if you go to a good shop.

Turbo95eg6 05-10-2014 06:00 PM

I fear the day I have to get a panel repainted. Hopefully I'll find a good enough shop.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.