Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Compustar/Clifford (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54690)

fukamoto 12-31-2013 06:27 PM

Compustar/Clifford
 
I did do a search, but I'm looking for a Compustar/Clifford dealer that someone has had first-hand experience with for an install of a 2-way alarm & remote start. Yes, I could look at their website for dealer locations but wanted to see if anybody has personal feedback about these stores. Its for a MT 2014 BRZ.

Thanks!

Rio 12-31-2013 06:38 PM

FYI. Most professional installers will not install a remote start on a manual transmission equipped vehicle.

fukamoto 12-31-2013 07:16 PM

Understood, though I never understood :) For example, with Compustar, you would have reservation mode which will allow you to remote start your MT vehicle by setting your e-brake up and the car in neutral. The motor shuts down once your key is out, you're out, and the doors are closed. This allows it to remote start knowing that the vehicle is in neutral and e-brake.

I guess there is potential liability with professional installers but maybe its different down in the US than it is in Canada because I never had any issues.

fukamoto 01-11-2014 12:38 PM

Anybody?

ramiram1984 01-11-2014 12:40 PM

Just go to car toys already

Rio 01-11-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiram1984 (Post 1446152)
Just go to car toys already

Cartoys won't do that in a Manual/T. They are in a very CoA mode on this.

ramiram1984 01-11-2014 01:23 PM

Ah

fukamoto 01-11-2014 03:24 PM

That and the two shops I called yesterday don't have the kit for the BRZ. Wok da fook.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.