Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cops that are cool?! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52283)

Ammonia 11-27-2013 10:57 AM

Cops that are cool?!
 
Hey guys, just wanted to share a very quick story.




Was driving to work this morning, doing maybe 65 in a 55. A semi pulls next to me, merging onto the highway, and I accelerate to maybe 70 or 75 to pass him because I hate driving next to those things lol.

Well, then I see a cop coming the opposite way on the highway. He flips his lights on quickly and before I can verbalize the mini-heartattack going on in my chest, he turns them back off. He flashed his blues at me basically.

So, I slow down, puzzled that he didn't nail me. I round the immediate following curve doing 50ish mph and I see a State Trooper on the side of the road, radar gun out. I didn't get pulled.



Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but it seems like the sheriff wanted me to slow down to avoid the speed trap. I was SO relieved lol.


Do any of you guys have similar stories of cool cops who either looked out for you or were lenient? Doesn't happen too often, so it might be cool to hear some stories.

sklimo 11-27-2013 01:42 PM

The day I drove her off the lot I was cruising around town showing off my new toy. I pulled onto a main street and got lit up from behind by a city cop. I hadn't done anything wrong that I could think of so I was not worried when I pulled into a grocery store parking lot. Get all my paperwork ready for him and he just sits in his car for a good 7-10 minutes behind me. Now I am starting to wonder if the dealer screwed up my plate transfer or something stupid like that. Then a second cop car pulls in front of me blocking me in. Instant heart explosion!! I got real worried they thought I had stolen the car. They both get out at same time, one officer to driver side the other to passanger. I already had the windows down and the officer at my passenger side leans in and goes " This is the baddest car ever. Do you mind if we check it out?"

That was it. The first cop pulled me over so he and his buddy could check out my car. After talking with them for a little bit found out they are both Mustang guys!! Scared the shit out of me at first sitting in the car, but they ended up being pretty cool.

And that is the ONLY good experience I have EVER had with Johnny Law

Ammonia 11-27-2013 05:19 PM

Haha @sklimo thats ridiculous!

sklimo 11-27-2013 05:48 PM

I almost shit my pants when second cop showed up!!

kALMIGHTY 11-27-2013 06:15 PM

I have pretty dark tint on my car (20%) and it's illegal to have any tint whatsoever on the driver and passenger side windows, and right as I'm done filling up the car at a gas station, a cop comes over to me (his partner was filling up the cruiser) and says "You know I could nail you for that tint, right?" and immediately I got nervous, and I nod my head. "Yeah..." I said and he says "Well, don't worry. That's not why I walked over here. I just wanted to check out the car. Thinking of buying one myself, and personally, dark tint makes it look so badass." and laughs. Damn, I was basically turtle-heading, ready to shit bricks but so relieved. Had a pretty cool conversation with him! :thumbup:

Lonewolf 11-28-2013 01:08 AM

I was pulled over for speeding last week (I was about 8 over) the cop checked out my license and registration, told me to drive safe and let me go all under a few minutes with no ticket...thanks officer! :respekt:

YukiHachiRoku 11-28-2013 01:22 AM

Lol, back in the year 2000 I had just bought my first brand new car, a Honda Civic Si. I was living in Las Vegas at the time, and bought it at a dealership all the way across town.

Anyways, driving it home with less than 15 miles on the odometer, on the highway, I was just fluctuating through the RPM's trying not to stay steady, as this is what everyone was telling me to break in the motor. Well, I was overzealous and got a mustang 5.0's attention on the way home. I thought this guy was trying to race my brand new car. He got right on my ass and I just did my thing and let it it wind up... and at about 90 mph, he hit his lights.............. LOL WTF

I was like, are you fucking kidding me man? not even 10 minutes in my new car and I get pulled over? So.........He pulls me over and he's like wtf you doing man? I'm like, im breaking my car in dude, and you came up behind me all aggressively, and I took offense, so I tried to get some distance because you were tail-gaiting me.... he was like....lic and reg/ins, which were still hot off the copy machine, and told me to sit tight.

He saw my military dependents ID card, and sat tight for about 15 mins...then he came back and started busting my balls asking me if my dad, or his commander would appreciate what had just happened to give me a fat ticket for all kinds of shit.... well I just responded respectfully, "no sir, they would not like that at all, and I will probably be back on my bicycle, if you give me this ticket."... he gives me all my stuff back and says behave and be careful and safe, and I was like "YES SIR"....

he let me go..... now to this day I see every mustang as an undercover cop... and I should be so lucky, because most of them would have laid the smack down on me.

Yes there are some cool cops out there... two years later through Arizona, after this same car was modified to the bone, carving the canyon coming back from Phoenix to Vegas, I got hit with a fatty 85 in a 55 zone. (canyon in the middle of nowhere) and he said I should take you to jail and impound your car for 20 over the posted speed limit...lol I seem to be doing well at this point, but it's been ten years and I'm long way over due for a huge ticket, by a cop that is having a bad day.

reni 11-28-2013 02:09 AM

@YukiHachiRoku I had almost the same experience a while ago, guy tailgates me, so I speed up just a little to put a safe distance between us and d!ckhead pulls me over. I actually got a ticket though, although I don't see how that isn't entrapment...

Anyway, my cool story bro is about 10 years ago, I was in my first car (used Neon) and running late for something. There wasn't much traffic, but I got stuck behind a group of slow cars blocking every lane for a few minutes. When an opening finally cleared, I floored it and passed all of them. So I'm doing about 90 at this point, I come around a slight bend... on the other side of which are 5-6 cop cars all hanging out in the median! Just as I pass by one standing outside his car looks up and gives me this "wtf?" look. I just about shit myself at that moment, but none of them bothered to come after me...

YMAA 11-28-2013 02:28 AM

I was driving to a nearby town (Oneida) to pick up my buddy before we went to New Jersey to pick up my BRZ from the dealership. Still dark as it was very early in the morning. I pass a cop doing about 40 in a 30 on a main road in my town. The cop puts on his lights and pulls me over.

He asks where I'm headed, so I tell him I'm heading to Oneida. He asks if I knew why I was pulled over, to which I replied I didn't. He tells me I have a headlight out, and that he wasn't going to give me a ticket but I should just get it fixed. I'm relieved, so I tell him that after I'm going to Oneida I'm going to New Jersey to pick up my new car. He replies that once it gets light enough I should just "turn those bad boys off" and not worry about it. He walks back to his cruiser and I'm able to breathe again.

Whitigir 11-28-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sklimo (Post 1356764)
The day I drove her off the lot I was cruising around town showing off my new toy. I pulled onto a main street and got lit up from behind by a city cop. I hadn't done anything wrong that I could think of so I was not worried when I pulled into a grocery store parking lot. Get all my paperwork ready for him and he just sits in his car for a good 7-10 minutes behind me. Now I am starting to wonder if the dealer screwed up my plate transfer or something stupid like that. Then a second cop car pulls in front of me blocking me in. Instant heart explosion!! I got real worried they thought I had stolen the car. They both get out at same time, one officer to driver side the other to passanger. I already had the windows down and the officer at my passenger side leans in and goes " This is the baddest car ever. Do you mind if we check it out?"

That was it. The first cop pulled me over so he and his buddy could check out my car. After talking with them for a little bit found out they are both Mustang guys!! Scared the shit out of me at first sitting in the car, but they ended up being pretty cool.

And that is the ONLY good experience I have EVER had with Johnny Law

75% of cops are Mustang or just generally Muscle car...hehe

Hence you get a chance to be less worry in either a Camaro or Tang. Usually Civic witha fart can is always the victim if a ticket.

Nice story

frslee 11-29-2013 01:50 PM

I was pulled over on I-66 near Fairfax County, VA for a illegal tint by a state trooper (no jokes by these guys). A week or two ago, I was pulled over and explained that I already paid for the fine. The officer was bashing on how he hates the tint and reasons why they have to be taken off from the car. I was really scared. Anyways, he started to smile, laugh and tells me he was kidding with me. He was asking all these question about FRS/BRZ and we ended up with a good conversation. He still wants me to remove the tint or at least re-tint that complies Maryland's limit.

Tint is still on the car. :thumbsup:

SeanBlader 12-05-2013 05:07 PM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc"]Dont Talk to Police - YouTube[/ame]


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.