Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Out of State Tint (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51614)

amaciose 11-18-2013 01:18 PM

Out of State Tint
 
Hope this isn't a repost, but a quick search didn't yield anything.

I was looking to do a tint on my car (registered in AZ), but I visit CA on the holidays for family. Are the tint limits tied to the state that the vehicle is registered in or will I have to do a tint that is CA legal?

Thanks!

n2oinferno 11-18-2013 10:27 PM

Go by the laws of each individual state. They can technically pull you over. I think the only thing you can get off on is not having a front plate if your home state doesn't require it.

wrxgoose 11-19-2013 02:16 AM

i haven't had any issues when I went up to CT/NY/DC, and i have no front plate, and 35% window tint. I think that most cops won't mess with that if the car is from out of state, but again, I agree with n2o, different cops from different states may react differently

husker741 11-19-2013 02:21 AM

I've heard the argument that if you are having sex with a girl who's 17, and 17 is the age of consent in your home state, but your porking her in a state where age of consent is 18, you're still breaking the law. Cali cops I hear are annoying with stuff like this so just be careful.

serialk11r 11-19-2013 02:22 AM

I've seen cars with tinted windows but if it's noticably tinted and an officer sees you'll probably get pulled over from what I read. Though, I've seen pictures of 3M film with 90% transmittance and it's very difficult to tell the difference between that and plain glass with the naked eye and you can get away with that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.