![]() |
LRR tires
Does anybody know how much better mileage our tires get vs non-LRR. Is it just a marketing gimmick?
|
tirerack.com
|
what? where in TR does it show the actual MPG for each wheel? That would also be dependent of the specific car that it's installed on..
|
Quote:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=121 IMHO LRR tires have no place on a sportscar. |
FWIW, one size of the Dunlop ZII Extreme Performance tire was identified as "LRR" for a short time on the Tire Rack site, and there are at least a couple of low rolling resistance Max Performance tires out there: Yokohama Advan Sport V105, Michelin Pilot Sport 3.
In the development of an electric motorcycle, Pirelli gave the company I was working for one of their sport tires as it was the lowest rolling resistance tire they had! Low rolling resistance and high performance aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. |
I'd bet the stock michilen tires are comparable to lrr tires. They are for a prius. :D
|
Quote:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes |
When I went from the stock LRR to Continental DW in stock size, I lost around .5MPG on average.
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.