Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Aus 86 Brochure & Preorder Enquiry Available (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5036)

JDM-dono 04-16-2012 10:04 AM

Aus 86 Brochure & Preorder Enquiry Available

Great news guys, the 86 brochure is now up on the Toyota Official website, found in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/86?WT.ac=HPBSL5Toyota86#

Preorders enquiries are now available from the website in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/dealer-enquiry?vehicle-id=38

Or you can follow a link at the end of the brochure on the first link.

Just out of curiosity, anyone ready to pre-order an 86?

Ballsak2nv 04-16-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM-dono (Post 184209)
Great news guys, the 86 brochure is now up on the Toyota Official website, found in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/86?WT.ac=HPBSL5Toyota86#

Preorders enquiries are now available from the website in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/dealer-enquiry?vehicle-id=38

Or you can follow a link at the end of the brochure on the first link.

Just out of curiosity, anyone ready to pre-order an 86?

I am absolutely ready to preorder, have been for mths, cash waiting to go, but im not giving up 1 penny with out specs, price and eta date.

JDM-dono 04-16-2012 10:19 AM

I made an inquiry but just for details really. Pretty much settled on the BRZ in WRB.

Trying to gather as much details for you guys.

Palmy 04-16-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsak2nv (Post 184218)
I am absolutely ready to preorder, have been for mths, cash waiting to go, but im not giving up 1 penny with out specs, price and eta date.

Same.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 04:57 PM

The brochure looks very similar to the UK one and still no spec....

tlp 04-16-2012 07:44 PM

That's just a tease!

JFC 04-16-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 184536)
The brochure looks very similar to the UK one and still no spec....

+ 1

Toyota officially have never told me or sent me stuff that i didnt already know, perhaps they know this perhaps not, sneeky devil's.

Any info i have been told i have to source myself.

A little off topic but not, i wonder if the 150 or so cars in the first batch are pre sold, do the dealers actually consider them as 100% genuine sales.

150 pre sold does not mean all will sell. Some may refuse the offer yeah?

Sorry still half tanked from last night :barf:

So if i order today and im told dont expect it before January may not be true.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 08:46 PM

until the car is delivered, nothing is sold and wont record on VFACTS.

and pre sold absolutely =/= all will sell. if price/spec are not right, i won't go ahead with my pre order and get my full deposit back.

i also included a subject to finance clause so even if the price is right but i can't get finance i can still pull out with my full deposit returned.

tlp 04-16-2012 09:01 PM

Is there a specific date you have to settle by in the receipt/contract? These deposits seems pretty flexible so why wouldn't you put a deposit down.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 10:17 PM

no date on my contract. they can't set a date becos they don't have a firm date when the car arrives.

these contracts are quite loose, it's more like securing our spots on the queue.

coyote 04-16-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 184791)
these contracts are quite loose, it's more like securing our spots on the queue.

No, it's about locking you in for a sale from a particular dealer at full retail margin.

The only way you obtain a decent discount on a car is by cross shopping dealerships. Locking yourself into a specific dealership effectively locks you into paying full retail.

Furthermore, I could go into just about any dealership you think you have a secure spot in the queue with and say I'm buying a car from down the road and they'd offer me "yours" to secure the sale. You'd just get the next one.

All dealers will deny this, but it's happened so many times on various cars there's little doubt it will happen with these cars. I know of two 86s already that the chumps who put down deposits have already been "bumped".

You're always up against it when purchasing a brand new model, but you guys have handed over all leverage and control you could have possibly had and are being played like Fisher Price toys.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote (Post 184822)
No, it's about locking you in for a sale from a particular dealer at full retail margin.

The only way you obtain a decent discount on a car is by cross shopping dealerships. Locking yourself into a specific dealership effectively locks you into paying full retail.

Furthermore, I could go into just about any dealership you think you have a secure spot in the queue with and say I'm buying a car from down the road and they'd offer me "yours" to secure the sale. You'd just get the next one.

All dealers will deny this, but it's happened so many times on various cars there's little doubt it will happen with these cars. I know of two 86s already that the chumps who put down deposits have already been "bumped".

You're always up against it when purchasing a brand new model, but you guys have handed over all leverage and control you could have possibly had and are being played like Fisher Price toys.

i have no doubt this is true, particularly the bit about selling "your car" to someone else and get bumped down. The dealer has already said no discount too but made no mention if they will put on extra margin.

however it doesn't stop me from going to other dealers, particularly when price is out. i'd certainly go around and see what other dealers are doing and what stock they will have and if they will talk about price.

with the deposit i paid, the most i'd lose is the interest on it which is not a big deal. at this stage, no one knows what the demand will be like, how many cars are available at launch and whether any dealer would give discount. i just thought i'd join a queue, see how this pans out and make my decision.

and no i'm definitely not locked myself into anything and also i always only commit myself when VIN is known and supplied to me. otherwise i won't confirm my finance is ready so the contract is still conditional and i can still pull out.

armythug 04-17-2012 12:21 AM

What if they decided not to release a set price? Can they do that? Can they both just set it up to where you would have to order the car at whatever the price you and a dealership agreed on? I'm asking this because it seems like we will never get a price and I'm tired of waiting. :sigh:

Nardi330 04-17-2012 12:30 AM

we will get a price. it is illegal to sale goods and services without listing the price. so be patient.

i doubt any dealer will offer you a binding contract at an agreed price now. it's likely to be against Toyota's internal rule/policy.