Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Best LCA's? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49544)

VADER 10-21-2013 11:01 AM

Best LCA's?
 
Opinions?

cnk 10-21-2013 11:05 AM

I would think that depends on what you plan on doing. For example, just looking for something to get the job done, the SPC's are probably the best bang for your buck. If you want to slam the car, something like the Stance LCA's may suit you better. Then there are the Whiteline, Cusco, RacerX, etc. versions. I would suggest that whichever one you go with, try to get one that can be adjusted while on the car. It will make your life easier and not give the alignment tech a reason to pull their hair out.

I went with the newer SPC arms that adjust with a cam bolt on the hub connection and have been satisfied with them. They are just plain black and don't offer any bling, but suit my needs.

VADER 10-21-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnk (Post 1283016)
I would think that depends on what you plan on doing. For example, just looking for something to get the job done, the SPC's are probably the best bang for your buck. If you want to slam the car, something like the Stance LCA's may suit you better. Then there are the Whiteline, Cusco, RacerX, etc. versions. I would suggest that whichever one you go with, try to get one that can be adjusted while on the car. It will make your life easier and not give the alignment tech a reason to pull their hair out.

I went with the newer SPC arms that adjust with a cam bolt on the hub connection and have been satisfied with them. They are just plain black and don't offer any bling, but suit my needs.

Looking to pretty much slam my car. I have been looking at Stance, Agency Power, and Whiteline. And as far as being able to adjust whilst on the car, which ones can do this?

FR-Shadow 10-21-2013 11:29 AM

I would have gone with whiteline if they were available when I was doing my suspension but they were not, so the next best one I found was RacerX.

They have a group buy going on now that puts it at a very reasonable price. They come black but for 35 bucks more you can have it powdercoated any color you want. Just my .02 but again its all on what you want to do.

brz_star21 10-21-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VADER (Post 1283023)
Looking to pretty much slam my car. I have been looking at Stance, Agency Power, and Whiteline. And as far as being able to adjust whilst on the car, which ones can do this?

How often do you plan on adjusting it? Majority of the options are similar in design and adjustment. They may be a pain initially but for the most part, unless you track it often or need to adjust camber for every single car show chances are you're probably not going to mess with the settings once they've been dialed in and aligned.

I went with the SPC's because they were affordable and got the job done. They don't offer a huge range of camber adjustability like the others but they work for my needs currently. Like the other member mentioned, I too would have gone with the Whitelines if they were available at the time.

cnk 10-21-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VADER (Post 1283023)
Looking to pretty much slam my car. I have been looking at Stance, Agency Power, and Whiteline. And as far as being able to adjust whilst on the car, which ones can do this?

If I were to slam my car I think I would look at the Stance because their arm is designed for slammed cars with that extra bend in the arm. That bend gives you back a little coilover travel as opposed to other arms. I believe they are adjustable on the car as well.

The Cusco arms are a little more difficult to adjust because you have to remove the LCA to subframe bolt, pull the arm down, adjust, and then reconnect. Some have had luck with slim wrenches to make the adjustment, but not all alignment shops may have slim wrenches.

While it's true that you should only have to adjust them once if you're not constantly playing with your ride height, they are still a pain to adjust if you have to disconnect/reconnect until you get the desired setting. At that point, it really comes down to how patient the alignment tech is. Get a good tech and they'll play with it until the get the exact settings you want. Get a bad tech that doesn't want to spend all day fiddling with it and you'll get something "close enough". What makes the alignment more of a PITA is that camber and toe affect one another so you adjust the camber, get it where you want and then you have to adjust toe and that may throw off the camber. With something that can be adjusted on the car, just put a wrench on the toe eccentric and another on the camber nut/eccentric and you can adjust both simultaneouly.

VADER 10-22-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnk (Post 1283160)
If I were to slam my car I think I would look at the Stance because their arm is designed for slammed cars with that extra bend in the arm. That bend gives you back a little coilover travel as opposed to other arms. I believe they are adjustable on the car as well.

Hmmm

Zach3794 10-22-2013 12:49 AM

Surprised you didn't include Racer X Fabrication on the list. I run their lower control arms with the heim joint ends and I love them. With the group buy going on right now I believe they are the best quality arms you can buy for the money.

garfull 10-22-2013 01:12 AM

The cusco are a pita to adjust if your in a garage, not so bad if youre on an alignment rack. Just for reference my experience with them is about 1 degree of camber per turn of the rod end. 1 turn out will net you -1 degree of camber. At 1" drop -1.2 degree of camber is as less I could get and still get -1/16 toe in.

86_ZN6 10-22-2013 01:13 AM

whiteline!

mfbmike 10-22-2013 02:26 AM

For my needs, SPC.

Whitelines are beautiful but also expensive. If I was building a track car, whiteline all the way.

However, SPC's seem pretty great thus far.

OICU812 10-22-2013 02:45 AM

For what you are looking to do 100% stance is best option to get that low and have the benefit of added travel/stroke.

Now that said that's if coils you have actually benefit from that? Otherwise cusco, racerx, WL all seem to be too contenders.

charged86 10-22-2013 02:45 AM

racerx fabrication

YDNA 10-22-2013 06:23 AM

i went with stance because of the deal i got for them used. it really depends on what you're trying to do, if you want super crazy camber, stance will work. i was playing around with my camber for fun and had like -12 easily in the rear. granted i only set it to 2.5, but just saying the potential is there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.