Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Need your opinions on my front lip! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46564)

bdanisi 09-12-2013 12:23 AM

Need your opinions on my front lip!
 
Shalom everybody! I just wanted to see what the general reaction to the color of my front lip. I just have had it sitting in my living room because everyday its like should i wait to paint match it, nah leme bolt it on today, nvm im gonna wait to paint, and so on and so fourth. So i did a quick 3m mockup today. I really like the look of the lip, but it actually looks pretty cool not painted. Ive also been told painting polyeurothane has its pros and cons. Any feedback is much appreciated. Especially if you have experience with paint on polyuerothane. Do you like the color, or should I paint match. Its so hard for me to decide because Raven black frs is so bright and shiny i figured matte black would clash. so what do you think? Paint er or leave er?
Cheers,
Brandon
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps4875e1bd.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ps3aaae28e.jpg

Seriously thanks for the feedback!

Mr Kirmudget 09-12-2013 01:02 AM

I for one think it looks great, especially if you do the same with side skirts or something like that.

JonAvalon 09-12-2013 01:41 AM

I like it the way it is, looks good! :)

Young_makaveli 09-12-2013 02:02 AM

Looks good

Where did you get the lip?

OICU812 09-12-2013 05:09 AM

Wish they made one half that far out just too far IMO.

bdanisi 09-12-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_makaveli (Post 1206520)
Looks good

Where did you get the lip?

Thanks man, I actually got a great deal on it in the member classifieds!
Appreciate the feedback everybody!

infinite012 09-12-2013 10:58 AM

Buy some matte or satin black paint in a rattle can and paint it. That way it won't look fugly in a few weeks.

FRSoxfan 09-12-2013 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks nice! The PU doesn't really get nasty over time, had mine since winter and still looking great!

Chase86 09-12-2013 11:50 AM

I like the contrast. Especially if you pair it with some side skirts. Do you know what brand it is? I'd like to get one too!

T_Scott 09-12-2013 11:59 AM

You could always Carbon wrap it? I may do my lip kit in dark red once I get it....

bdanisi 09-12-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 1207072)
Buy some matte or satin black paint in a rattle can and paint it. That way it won't look fugly in a few weeks.

I have no idea what your talking about. Why would it look fully in a few weeks? Does paint on polyurethane not look right or does it fade or something? Ellaborate please!

FRSfan111 09-12-2013 02:40 PM

These threads always make me think of this...
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse4705fdf.png

But we are all guilty of it haha. Looks good op!

Poly doesn't really change it's appearance much over time. It'll fade slightly just like all things will. But I've always used poly lips on my Hondas and never had problems. IMO I would either paint match raven like a boss or if u get lowered leave it as is. That way of u scrape it, just tape it off or take it off, rattle can it satin black and no one will know.

Sexyeve 09-14-2013 06:04 PM

Looks good just the way it is . Don't ever change.

jisfos 09-14-2013 06:34 PM

I agree. If you get tired of that look, wrap in matte carbon. That will highlight and still keep it somewhat stealthy and clean.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.