Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A/C question: what's the difference between auto and full auto? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44424)

chenshuo 08-15-2013 08:28 PM

A/C question: what's the difference between auto and full auto?

On my BRZ i've noticed that if i press the Auto button, i get FULL AUTO. Then if i press any other button, it goes to just AUTO. Then if i random do something else sometimes it goes to manual mode. What's the difference?

Scooby South 08-15-2013 08:45 PM

Full AUTO... the system controls the fan speed.. on auto.. you control the fan speed.. meaning in full auto it will adjust the fan speed as necessary to get to desire temp..

Auto will Get you to the desired temp.. but since you control the fan speed. it could take longer or shorter.. then its just the temp that its trying to achieve.

Bill

MY13FRS 08-15-2013 08:50 PM

That's another idiotic feature I am glad my FRS doesn't have. It's a sports car, not a sedan. Just saying....

garby 08-15-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY13FRS (Post 1144202)
That's another idiotic feature I am glad my FRS doesn't have. It's a sports car, not a sedan. Just saying....

Posts like this are so stupid. Just saying...

Also, dual mode is great for passengers that may not like it quite as cold as you do, but still want air blowing on them. Let's see your FRS do that.

chenshuo 08-15-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby South (Post 1144197)
Full AUTO... the system controls the fan speed.. on auto.. you control the fan speed.. meaning in full auto it will adjust the fan speed as necessary to get to desire temp..

Auto will Get you to the desired temp.. but since you control the fan speed. it could take longer or shorter.. then its just the temp that its trying to achieve.

Bill

sounds rather unnecessary.

StickThatClutch 08-15-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garby (Post 1144221)
Posts like this are so stupid. Just saying...

Also, dual mode is great for passengers that may not like it quite as cold as you do, but still want air blowing on them. Let's see your FRS do that.

Auto climate control was one of the things McLaren F1 designer Gordon Murray loved about the Honda NSX.

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Scooby South 08-15-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenshuo (Post 1144244)
sounds rather unnecessary.

whatever... :lol:

ericmpena 08-15-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

I've had my BRZ for 2 months and until tonight I probably would've said the same, basically because I always keep my temp on Low and just control the fan. Tonight however I decided to try adjusting the temperature to about 75. The car just took control and did what it needed to do to keep the cabin at that temp. Works WAY better than to be constantly adjusting the fan speed while I'm driving.

Can't believe I hadn't used this sooner. I was just unfamiliar with how the Climate Control really worked, but now that I've used it, I don't see myself going back to manually adjusting the fan speeds again. :)

I also want to add that I was expecting the fan to constantly stay on the top vents blowing at my face, but that was not the case at all. Once the cabin got to the temperature I set, the fans switched to the floor vents but still kept the cabin feeling perfect. It's definitely one of those features that you won't know what you're missing until you have it.

uEih 08-16-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Don't forget it's also a car people drive on the road so these things are rather useful.

Chee-Hu 08-16-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

U mad, bro! Just admit you're jealous lol. :bonk:

m.wood0213 08-16-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

why are FRS guys bashing so much on BRZ's?

FnFast 08-16-2013 12:22 AM

It's a little comfort creature that the BRZ has and I enjoy it. I like getting in my car and if I want my car cool with the windows up... It's set at LOW and I just have to push a button and it does it on it's own. 40 years ago that was BLASPHEMY!

Sbeezy 08-16-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.wood0213 (Post 1144669)
why are FRS guys bashing so much on BRZ's?

Because some are Jelly they couldn't afford one!

retoocs 08-16-2013 01:36 AM

I love my climate control. It's the same on my LGT. Actually if you start at full auto, any knob or button that you change, besides the temp, will place that button into manual control. For example, on full auto, it will turn on and off recirc as needed, but if you change it to on, it will not turn off.

With the temp knob, if you go to either extreme, it'll be full cold or full hot regardless of the cabin temp.