Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   We need a NICE deep inset grille, am I alone (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35268)

OICU812 05-01-2013 03:13 AM

We need a NICE deep inset grille, am I alone
 
There is SO much stuff out there, but yet so little for grille options. What I would LOVE to see is someone make a plug n play deeper inset grill that looks good! I have seen grille tech and some other attempts those just do not amuse me I suppose.

Am I alone? Really hope we something real nice soon for these cars! :thumbsup:

Moshpit37 05-01-2013 03:19 PM

Not alone, I'm interested in other options as well.

Tapped from my Note 2

Derik210 05-01-2013 03:39 PM

yeah same here. i really want open vents where the turn signals are

OICU812 05-08-2013 02:26 AM

BUMP, someone make a nice grill!!!!! :w00t:

jkonquer 05-08-2013 06:29 AM

i believe the bumper beam gets in the way, so it will look awkward

killerkid08 05-08-2013 01:34 PM

it doesnt really get in the way, its more or less the foam piece before that. i would recommend finding a way to just make the factory one thinner width wise.

brzninja 05-08-2013 09:37 PM

Any new grill would be an upgrade imo. The only thing I don't really like on the BRZ....that darn stache.

SuiSid3l 05-08-2013 09:51 PM

http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...spx/1%7C6/947/

Best option I've seen so far, probably be an upgrade for me sometime this summer unless I find something better.

Vracer111 05-08-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuiSid3l (Post 920983)
http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...spx/1%7C6/947/

Best option I've seen so far, probably be an upgrade for me sometime this summer unless I find something better.

That is not a deep grille though, it's the same place as the factory grille.

I plan on custom making one out of aluminum angle pieces (1/2" 0.060 thick for sides and 3/4" 0.060 thick ) Tig welded into a frame that will use .047 diameter, 1/4" spacing stainless steel mesh.

Already bought the mesh (from Pegasus Racing) will pick up the aluminum angle from Home Depot. Will rivet the mesh to the frame using thin aluminum backing plates and possibly put a removable fine mesh screen over it. The grill will only go up to the height of the bumper beam and attach to it, no need to screen the bumper beam, plus you can cover the bumper beam with shaped plastic sheet (painted polycarbonate or naturally black) and it looks pretty good actually. Have seen this done in person with painted polycarbonate.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.