![]() |
New exhast tips from factory on FRS?
Anyone make a recent purchase on the FR-S.
I was at the Toyota yesterday where I orginally purchased my FR-S and they had a blue w/ manual transmission on the show room floor. I checked out the car and noticed that the exhaust tips where completely different then what came on my car that I had just picked up a month ago. Anyways the tips sat a lot more flush with the rear diffuser and where shaped the best way I can describe is imagine the "M"cdonalds golden arches then seperate the M and connect the opening at the bottom wiht a strait line, sorry I cant think of the name of the shape at the moment kindergarden was a long time ago. At anyrate I checked out window sticker for upgrades because I figured this car had aftermarked exhaust. The sticker didnt mention anything about any upgrade and the car was bare bones price. If those tips are avalible they are much wider and bigger and aside from the shape look a lot better I am going to call toyota today and see if I can swap out or "return" my current exhaust tips and pick up the new ones. I should have taken a picture I was just crunched for time. |
The Blue FR-S is located at Bedford Toyota in Ohio and is blue in color if anyone wanted to contact them with any questions about the exhaust.
Also I picked up an accessory book for the FR-S which they did not offer before however it did not offer any performance parts. |
Sound like that car was equipped with a TRD Exhaust
|
You know I looked at Window sticker and it didnt show any upgrades at all. I am not sure what the TRD exhaust looks like other than the quad tip one I ve seen in photos and this wasnt quad tipped but looked 100 percent better than what was on my car.
I may call them and ask to see if anyone knows up there |
The U.S. version of the TRD isn't quad tip. It is more of a half circle.
|
Did it look like these?
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=19 |
Tuxedo thats exactley what It looked like but it was no where to be found on window sticker. I am going to call them and ask. but yes that photograph is exactley what the tips looked like
|
It is most definitely the US TRD Exhaust if it's that shape. Some dealerships are installing them on vehicles. If you can purchase that one without the extra add-on price, jump on it.
|
I bought my White out last month......although I wouldnt mind having another one in my garage ..... I dont think my lady would have that lol ...but I am going to call and ask if I can swap mine out i am sure the answer will be no but it wont hurt to ask. like I saied on windown sticker they didnt add it as an extra charge it was actually cheaper than my car because I have an automatic:party0030:
|
called the dealer shop talked to guy in parts. You are 100 Percent rights it is a TRD Exhaust. Cost over 1000.00. The parts guy wasnt sure why it was on the car in the show room floor with the upgraded exhaust and no mark up.
He told me to call sales and ask them. He said he had a list of TRD parts that are allegedly avalible now and some that are coming in near future. He told me that there is a TRD supercharger on the list however there is no specs, price, release date, or any other information about the blower. I asked him to email me the updated list that he has but I ve yet to recieve it however he told me he would send it. If I recieve it I ll post it up on this thread. |
:mad0260:this threads i swear that sometimes ....:mad0259::bonk:
|
This has been out for over a month already..
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.