Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   3D Printed Lightweight Battery Mount (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155871)

justinco 06-08-2026 07:43 PM

3D Printed Lightweight Battery Mount
 
4 Attachment(s)
I designed this battery mount to be used with the affordable Noco NLP20 lithium battery that weights under 4lbs. Total weight with the 3D printed battery mount is under 5lbs. Recommended for racers and track drivers that want the most weight savings they can get.

$50.00 plus shipping for the battery mount.

You will need the Noco NLP20 battery of course, as well as terminal posts (battery tender also recommended). See my BTR Lightweight Battery Mount web page for links, photos, and installation details. It uses the OEM battery tie down so super easy and quick to install.

Shoot me a msg if you want to order the 3D printed battery mount. I have several printed and ready to go, been testing on my own car for most of this year and the combo works great. If you want to DD with the battery, you'll need to put it on the tender a couple times a week to keep the charge up. Personally, I now swap it in for race/track weekends and use a regular battery for daily driving.

Wally86 06-11-2026 11:58 AM

ASA or PC? I get nervous about engine bay temps.

justinco 06-11-2026 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally86 (Post 3619154)
ASA or PC? I get nervous about engine bay temps.

PET-CF17 is what is used currently. No issues in the Phoenix, AZ heat in my testing.

May try PC at some point, but so far this has been sufficient and reliable prints every time. If you have your own equipment you're more than welcome to print in whatever you like. The STL files are avaliable for free on my website.

Wally86 06-12-2026 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinco (Post 3619158)
PET-CF17 is what is used currently. No issues in the Phoenix, AZ heat in my testing.

May try PC at some point, but so far this has been sufficient and reliable prints every time. If you have your own equipment you're more than welcome to print in whatever you like. The STL files are avaliable for free on my website.

I was just curious that's all. I've got an X1C and I'm almost always print in ASA but I can't find good answers beyond PC for engine bay prints. I appreciate the input.

justinco 08-26-2026 10:48 AM

Still have more of these battery mounts for anyone looking to save weight for race season!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.