Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Want to see what a clear bra from 2013 looks like 13 years later? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155855)

bevestrown 05-20-2026 11:43 PM

Want to see what a clear bra from 2013 looks like 13 years later?
 
Or at least I'm assuming it's from 2013. I'm not the original owner, but I have driven it for a decade and 120k miles. It's time. The bra has served its life's purpose. Those organic stains are permanent. I've been telling everyone that it's just the in style, but like wearing an onion on your belt, all good things have to eventually become the style at the time.

The good news is that the paint under is factory fresh, so now all I have to do is remove the clear bra (that's part of the car's DNA at this point) and get the rest of the car to match the original paint.

What tips or advice do you have for me?

https://imgur.com/l0JaaXb
https://imgur.com/lVxJy47
https://imgur.com/a/Fb3AImB
https://imgur.com/a/Fb3AImB

bevestrown 05-20-2026 11:45 PM

https://imgur.com/l0JaaXb
https://imgur.com/lVxJy47

Ohio Enthusiast 05-21-2026 08:16 AM

Check out Starshield (factory clear PPF) removal on Lotus Elise cars (plenty of posts on the Lotus Talk forum). The biggest trick seems to be an adhesive remover wheel you put on a drill. The more expensive 3M seems to be well recommended over cheaper alternatives.

DarkPira7e 05-23-2026 05:11 PM

Yeah the clear on mine looks similar because of all the abuse it's taken over the years. I'm pulling mine off real soon. I took the mirrors off a couple years ago and the adhesive wasn't had to move at all, just make sure you heat gun it


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.