Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Possibly the most FUBAR 86 I've seen, anyone know the story? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153827)

LRNAD90 08-08-2023 07:47 AM

Possibly the most FUBAR 86 I've seen, anyone know the story?
 
This is possibly the most FUBAR 86 I've seen. Looks like it is Canadian. Anyone know the story? Any chance the driver survived (doesn't look likely to me, but you never know)..

https://autohelperbot.com/en/car/JF1...12472_41974028

https://b.autohelperbot.com/JF1ZCAC1...1688996650.jpg

DarkPira7e 08-08-2023 09:11 AM

XXR wheels and what look like Indy Firehawk 500 tires. Hope this doesn't hit the press or you won't be able to tow a uhaul trailer with one of these soon

Ultramaroon 08-08-2023 12:40 PM

That'll buff out.

Kittykate 08-08-2023 09:46 PM

Not to worry; we're still driving half a car.

Kittykate 08-08-2023 09:49 PM

Joking aside if it's from getting T-boned the passenger compartment being that severely deformed is a bad sign, probably fatal even for the driver. If they George of the Jungle'd it the odds are better because the direction of the force is into the main airbag.

LRNAD90 08-09-2023 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPira7e (Post 3589117)
XXR wheels and what look like Indy Firehawk 500 tires. Hope this doesn't hit the press or you won't be able to tow a uhaul trailer with one of these soon

Pretty sure I have no idea where you are going with this..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittykate (Post 3589221)
Joking aside if it's from getting T-boned the passenger compartment being that severely deformed is a bad sign, probably fatal even for the driver. If they George of the Jungle'd it the odds are better because the direction of the force is into the main airbag.

Almost looks like a Tree or pole side impact from this angle, but honestly hard to say, not sure how the front got sheared away if so, unless it was multiple trees close together?

https://b.autohelperbot.com/JF1ZCAC1...1688355300.jpg

I'm going to guess there were no survivors, certainly not the passenger if there was one, but I can't even find a passenger seat in the photos linked.

https://b.autohelperbot.com/JF1ZCAC1...1688747081.jpg

DarkPira7e 08-09-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRNAD90 (Post 3589240)
Pretty sure I have no idea where you are going with this..

There were Ford Explorers equipped with bad Firestone tires that prompted Uhaul to ban trailer rentals that would be towed by Ford Explorers or Mercury Mountaineers.

LRNAD90 08-09-2023 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPira7e (Post 3589246)
There were Ford Explorers equipped with bad Firestone tires that prompted Uhaul to ban trailer rentals that would be towed by Ford Explorers or Mercury Mountaineers.

I remember, but didn't make the connection. Assuming its a joke, as I'm pretty sure Uhaul wouldn't rent anything to trailer behind an FRS/BRZ, given the manufacturer has expressly said in the owners manual it is not rated for and should not be used to tow a trailer..

(not that people don't do it, but from a legal standpoint, wouldn't think Uhaul would rent)

DarkPira7e 08-09-2023 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRNAD90 (Post 3589252)
I remember, but didn't make the connection. Assuming its a joke, as I'm pretty sure Uhaul wouldn't rent anything to trailer behind an FRS/BRZ, given the manufacturer has expressly said in the owners manual it is not rated for and should not be used to tow a trailer..

(not that people don't do it, but from a legal standpoint, wouldn't think Uhaul would rent)

Yes, it's a joke.

Kittykate 08-09-2023 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRNAD90 (Post 3589240)

Almost looks like a Tree or pole side impact from this angle, but honestly hard to say, not sure how the front got sheared away if so, unless it was multiple trees close together?


I think it was a very high speed impact on the right 25% of the front. Split apart the front side bits but twisting the engine around killed enough energy to make the car crunch rather than split. Edit: now that I look again how the fuck is the wheel still there if I'm right?


I'll definitely forget, but if I don't I'll have one of my first responder family take a look. The nearby one is at a medical call right now funny enough.

Kittykate 08-10-2023 10:46 PM

Asked my brother who has professional experience with this (firefighter/EMT). Looks like T-Boned by a semi while making a left into traffic (didn't see/look/blind intersection). No extrication damage (everything is from the crash) which, given the driver seat and floorboard is ok, means the driver likely lived.


Any passenger would be gone.

Jdmjunkie 08-11-2023 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittykate (Post 3589437)
Asked my brother who has professional experience with this (firefighter/EMT). Looks like T-Boned by a semi while making a left into traffic (didn't see/look/blind intersection). No extrication damage (everything is from the crash) which, given the driver seat and floorboard is ok, means the driver likely lived.


Any passenger would be gone.

Also, if there was any biological contaminants they would have removed the driver seat.

LRNAD90 08-11-2023 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittykate (Post 3589437)
Asked my brother who has professional experience with this (firefighter/EMT). Looks like T-Boned by a semi while making a left into traffic (didn't see/look/blind intersection). No extrication damage (everything is from the crash) which, given the driver seat and floorboard is ok, means the driver likely lived.


Any passenger would be gone.

Thanks for providing your brother's experienced perspective. I guess I can see that scenario. And given the driver's space is 'relatively' well maintained, I'd like to think it possible that they survived.

But given the shear amount of energy that would be required to produce that amount of the intrusion, I would think it a miracle if they did..


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdmjunkie (Post 3589448)
Also, if there was any biological contaminants they would have removed the driver seat.

Their is a BioHazard warning sticker on the roof..

Kittykate 08-11-2023 09:53 PM

Part of what saves someone in a crash is the car folding (absorbing the force) instead of transferring the force to the squishy ape inside.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.