Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New wheels - colour choices and spacers (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150254)

Mtl135i 07-01-2022 08:37 AM

New wheels - colour choices and spacers
 
2 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a new set of wheels. Keep them gold or go silver ?

Also due to the size and offset and the PP front suspension I will need to run 8mm spacers up front. Should I run spacers on all 4 corners or just the fronts.

Thanks

x808drifter 07-02-2022 12:25 PM

Pink... with that color.

soundman98 07-02-2022 12:59 PM

fyi, that getcoloreffects.com site got blocked by my browser addon:

" Title: uBlock filters – Badware risks
! Description: For sites documented to put users at risk of installing adware/crapware etc.
! The purpose is to at least ensure a user is warned of the risks ahead."


i vote pink as well. or lime green.

silver is boring. silver is average. silver is typical. silver is a camry, it's the safe option. be a shining star of color.

ItsReiko 07-03-2022 01:12 AM

Silver goes well with your paint color. If it was my car, I would choose silver, but I think it needs to be accompanied by a 1" drop.

Btw, how did you change the color of your wheels like that? I'd like to do the same to my own to help myself make decisions lol.

Sam86 07-03-2022 03:56 AM

Black would look cool

Check your wheels can run spacers, I had 2 sets of wheels that wouldn’t fit spacers under 20mm as the recess for the studs were further out than where they needed to be, and so the stud would hit and prevent the wheel being bolted on.

You should definitely run spacers on the rear, and a larger spacer at that as the wheel doesn’t poke out of the guard as much as the front

Racecomp Engineering 07-09-2022 01:08 PM

Silver, because I'm old. Nice wheels btw.

And yes spacers all around with appropriate studs.

- Andrew

EndlessAzure 07-11-2022 05:23 AM

For spacers, you can use a slip-on up to 3mm the way the car sits. Any slip-on spacer thicker than 3mm and under 10mm, you need extended wheel studs.


Spacers 10mm or thicker, you should get bolt-on spacers.

RToyo86 07-11-2022 05:43 AM

I prefer silver, all though a bronze or gunmetal could work.. I like darker color wheels.


ARP extended wheel studs will give you room for slip on spacers. 2.5" is perfect for what you are after, I run 8mm spacers with plenty of threads.

You should be removing the rear hub to install studs but it's possible to install them without removing if you are willing to do some trimming, by cutting the nipple off at the end of the stud.

SCFD 07-14-2022 07:32 PM

Run spacers all around with proper stud length. Either color looks okay but I'd probably just keep them gold if the wheels are already gold.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.