Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A dealership screwed up royal and offered me an FRS engine or mods (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149926)

KiokenFRS 05-29-2022 02:06 AM

A dealership screwed up royal and offered me an FRS engine or mods

The short of it is a dealership shop I took my car to for years and years had made a big mistake and cost me a lot of stress. They recognized their problem and were super nice about it after they confirmed it was their fault and they are offering me a brand new engine in the FRS, or to pay for the equivalent pricing in mods of what a brand new engine will cost.

My FRS had a brand new engine when I bought it two years ago and I've only put maybe 7 to 8,000 miles on it since. So I am opting for the mods and upgrades. What would you do with that if your FRS auto 2013 was fully stock and you wanted upgrades that tally and total to the equivalent price of a brand new FRS engine?

bcj 05-29-2022 03:07 AM

instructions unclear ...

ceiling fan & etc.

Tcoat 05-29-2022 09:17 AM

So does it need a new engine or not? What did they screw up? If it needs a new engine then getting equivalent value in mods is not a great deal.

Ohio Enthusiast 05-29-2022 09:24 AM

Unless the mods are an engine swap, which depending on what constitutes a "new engine" might be between a great deal (compared to a brand new engine from Subaru) to not worth it (compared to a junk yard shade tree rebuilt engine).

soundman98 05-29-2022 12:12 PM

Tough call, I'd get the f-150

WNDSRFR 05-29-2022 12:24 PM

What is wrong with the world lately?

Am I going nuts?

2020BRZtS 05-29-2022 12:55 PM

Ask for the equivalent in sugar free gummy bears. It's a much better ride.

p1l0t 05-29-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2020BRZtS (Post 3526262)
Ask for the equivalent in sugar free gummy bears. It's a much better ride.

*** gummies

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

soundman98 05-29-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNDSRFR (Post 3526260)

Am I going nuts?

Yes, but that's an entirely different discussion

2020BRZtS 05-29-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p1l0t (Post 3526267)
*** gummies

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Google sugar free gummy bears. It's a totally different experience but equally profound.

Decep 05-29-2022 04:08 PM

who cares about the engine. stance that shit!

KiokenFRS 05-29-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast (Post 3526237)
Unless the mods are an engine swap, which depending on what constitutes a "new engine" might be between a great deal (compared to a brand new engine from Subaru) to not worth it (compared to a junk yard shade tree rebuilt engine).

It doesn't need an engine, the engine I have is like new. They are offering what they have and just trying to make me happy. Giving me a new engine is what they can obtain or already have in stock right now. But as mentioned, I don't need an engine.

They didn't give me a price quote on the cost of said engine equivalent. They said "we can give you a brand new engine if you want it, or mods that total the cost of a brand new engine."

I am asking here because I was told this on a Friday and nobody is there to ask what the total price was over the weekend and monday is a holiday. So I thought maybe it was a good idea to ask experts over the course of the following 4-5 days before I can even call them back to ask. At least I can be prepped for it.

My FRS engine is great condition. Nothing happened to the engine. They are simply offering me stuff to compensate me, either a brand new engine which I really currently already have, or mods that total the cost of that new engine.

I've chosen mods, but what mods are best is the question.

KiokenFRS 05-29-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNDSRFR (Post 3526260)

Am I going nuts?

In the current digital "I hardly interact with live human beings" era, I assume it is quite difficult for others to understand that humans make mistakes at shops and can royally screw up paperwork to the point the customer has serious issues with their finances. Said business doesn't want legal action, so they offered to compensate me with whatever I want up to the cost of a new engine for my FRS.

I don't need an engine, as I clearly said, my FRS is like new already with it's engine. So the only other route is to opt for mods that total the cost of a new engine. That is what they offered me.

But I suppose this is confusing to a lot of individuals because I didn't talk like a robot explaining things on Tik Tok, or put a giant red arrow on the text so that others can see what the core of the issue was (what mods would you opt for that total the cost of a new FRS engine).

Next time, I'll just post a Twitter post or a Tik Tok link so this crowd can better understand it.

murdoc 05-29-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiokenFRS (Post 3526282)
(what mods would you opt for that total the cost of a new FRS engine).

That was easy.