Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   The cost of E85. I want to pay for a OFT Tune, but for which Fuel Type? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148490)

StatusIsChecked 01-19-2022 01:33 PM

The cost of E85. I want to pay for a OFT Tune, but for which Fuel Type?
 
I have been running E85 on Open Flash Tablet for a few months, it's been alot of fun. However, in Texas, the price of E85 is $3.00\g and 93 is $3.50\g. E85 used to be much cheaper.
The problem is my car seems to be guzzling E85, why is that? I also want to pay for a custom tune soon. Should I do that using 93 Fuel instead for price of gas and reliability? If E85 is so expensive and harder to find, do I want to spend time buying a tune for E85?

86TOYO2k17 01-19-2022 01:50 PM

E85 requires approximately 30-35% more fuel, so your gas mileage will drop roughly 30-35%. A custom tune would probably help as the OFT tune is probably on the richer side overall compared to a custom tune further dropping gas mileage.

You should get flex fuel custom tune so whatever 93, E85 or any ethanol % blend will have the tune automatically adjust. So you can just fill with whatever and not worry about it.

E40 is equivalent to about 100 octane, and will have a much less detrimental effect on gas mileage vs E85 while still providing phenomenal gains/benefits.
True E85 should be about 6gallon 93 to 5gallon E85 for E40 blend.
This might provide you with best of both worlds.

Qwimby1 01-28-2022 03:33 PM

Keep an eye on E85 availability. Not sure how many places you can get it in your area, but where I am there was only one station close by and it just stopped selling it. The closest station now is a 30-mile round trip.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.