Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148441)

gymratter 01-15-2022 01:57 AM

The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!!
 
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/01/14/...ng-spy-photos/

https://s.aolcdn.com/os/ab/_cms/2022...oto21.KGP_.jpg
https://s.aolcdn.com/os/ab/_cms/2022...oto03.KGP_.jpg
https://s.aolcdn.com/os/ab/_cms/2022...oto20.KGP_.jpg

WolfpackS2k 01-18-2022 09:51 AM

If they make it look more like the Mach-E I'm gonna lose my mind.

Dadhawk 01-18-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3497639)
If they make it look more like the Mach-E I'm gonna lose my mind.

Doesn't look like it. It's definitely still a well defined coupe (the back camo hides the detail but you can still see the slope), and the front grill appears to be pretty much intact.

Tcoat 01-18-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 3497652)
Doesn't look like it. It's definitely still a well defined couple (the back camo hides the detail but you can still see the slope), and the front grill appears to be pretty much intact.

They should keep the porthole from the camo!
Very retro Ford like.

https://topclassiccarsforsale.com/up...-windows-1.jpg

mazeroni 01-20-2022 03:13 PM

By the time this launches it will be the last ICE muscle car on the market. So it will be hard to mess up the design, regardless of what they do. Don't like it? Well, there is nothing else to buy. But through the camo, the front end looks quite similar to the current car, so I'm not expecting more than an evolution.

Red-86 01-21-2022 05:22 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the shape (what we can see through the camo) is basically exactly the same as the current gen? I heard it reuses the same platform (much like the new Z reuses the 370 platform), so I am not expecting much of a departure, styling wise. Nose and tail cosmetic changes most likely.

Unfortunately for me despite liking the Mustang styling I just find them too large a car. I saw a gorgeous 1967 Stang parked next to new one recently and the size difference was shocking. The old car is so much more compact and lower - almost 86/BRZ like - compared to the massive modern Stang. Since the Stang’s back seats are only good for kids anyway, I’d like to see them shrink the modern Stang in size. Smaller, lower, lighter. As a bonus performance would be improved too. Maybe they will when it goes all electric after the next gen?

gymratter 01-21-2022 06:49 PM

more pics

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/20...ite-v8-rumble/

https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content...stang-GT-1.jpg
https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content...stang-GT-2.jpg
https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content...stang-GT-7.jpg
https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content...tang-GT-11.jpg

gymratter 09-14-2022 09:47 PM

The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!!
 
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/thr...landed.156252/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...23-jpg.557673/
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...22-jpg.557672/
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...-9-jpg.557655/
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...-8-jpg.557654/
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...24-jpg.557674/
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...26-jpg.557676/
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/att...30-jpg.557680/

soundman98 09-14-2022 11:48 PM

yep, last gen mustang was peak mustang of the irs mustangs.

can't take those squinty tail lights

spcmafia 09-15-2022 07:39 AM

I mean, at least the E-Brake is not a fckn button and still has a manual trans. I'll give them that.

That huge iPad has to go. Is already hard for Mustang drivers to try to focus on the road while mowing bystanders just to add another giant distraction with digital controls.

Dadhawk 09-15-2022 07:51 AM

Side profile is great, pure Mustang. Front view I think is better than last gen, but I still prefer the 5th Gen (2005 - 2009) as it is closer to OG. Do like the hood scoops though I'm OK with the tail.

The interior is definitely stepped up although not sure I like the all digital dash that looks like it came straight out of the Lyriq.

Mustang Girl MomHawk won't like the rectangular vents in the interior. She insists they have to be round.

They fooled me in the video with the first shot of the model driving the convertible. It screamed Targa to me for some reason, mostly just the angle. So disappointed....

I'm underwhelmed by the specs on the Dark Horse, although I do like the name and badging.

ZDan 09-15-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-86 (Post 3498641)
Unfortunately for me despite liking the Mustang styling I just find them too large a car. I saw a gorgeous 1967 Stang parked next to new one recently and the size difference was shocking.

And the '67 looks pretty huge next to a '65/'66!

Quote:

The old car is so much more compact and lower - almost 86/BRZ like - compared to the massive modern Stang. Since the Stang’s back seats are only good for kids anyway, I’d like to see them shrink the modern Stang in size. Smaller, lower, lighter. As a bonus performance would be improved too. Maybe they will when it goes all electric after the next gen?
Exactly! They f'd up the Mustang and Camaro by making them so fricking enormous and heavy. I'd be interested if they were more compact and in the 3200-3400 lb. range like they were before they went "retro" styling except HUGE this time...

wbradley 09-15-2022 08:51 AM

I think I'd go with a first gen fastback. It's not too late except it breaks my heart to take a clean vehicle from somewhere like AZ up to Ontario where it's cold in the winter in the garage and it would be exposed to higher humidity. In high school back in '79 -83 I had a friend who's daily driver was a '68 Mustang notchback automatic with a 289. We used to pile in that car and none of us had any idea it was out of the ordinary other than it was an older car.

That new one looks like it was cross bred with a Camaro.

MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires 09-15-2022 01:20 PM

huge step down from the current gen but at least they kept the manual and real ebrake i guess


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.