![]() |
Stock Rotor Thickness After 70K miles
I recently checked my front rotor thickness and found they were a touch more than 24 mm thick. Incidentally, that is the "standard thickness" as listed in the shop repair manual. However, I have 70K miles on my car and have never change components on the brakes, front or rear. Most of the miles is just normal mixed daily driving, but here and there I try to have some fun. Is this normal for stock rotors or would one expect it to be less thick by at least a millimeter or more?
|
Out of curiosity, how did you measure the thickness? Please don't take offense, but I've seen folks try to use standard calipers to do this and get fooled by the lip that forms on the outside edge of the disk. That said, my car (and driving style) is really easy on brake components. I have about 25k on it and can imagine the pads going as far as 100k if I let them.
|
I just switched my stock brakes to the 4pot 2pots at 62k. But the stock pads and rotors had many more miles to go on them. So I am not surprised. I imagine the rears would last over 100k. I do drive a lot of highway driving.
|
I have some dba rotors sitting at roughly 80k miles.
Front: 23.3mm, 0.7mm of wear, which is basically almost 0.1mm of wear every 10k miles Rear: 17.6mm Just as a data point. You most likely measured the lip. Depending on driving, wear rate is probably going to last roughly 200k miles. |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.