Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Moving from Stage 1 to Stage 2 OFT tune (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145678)

Inazuma in NS 06-11-2021 10:16 AM

Moving from Stage 1 to Stage 2 OFT tune
 
I just got my JDL header so have my weekend project planned :)


I think I know the answer on this, I currently have the stage 1 tune with my OFT.



I think I need to flash it back to stock then do the stage 2. Is that correct?

spcmafia 06-11-2021 10:19 AM

No, you can go straight to stage 2. But make sure you load the correct stage 2. Stage 2, is for CATTED headers. Stage 2+ is for UN-Catted headers.

BrahmaBull1990 06-11-2021 10:28 AM

Going to stage 2 was fun! Enjoy and let us know if you have issues. Make sure those header bolts are torqued and re-torque them a week later, if you can.

(I lost a bolt, somehow)

Inazuma in NS 06-11-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3440777)
No, you can go straight to stage 2. But make sure you load the correct stage 2. Stage 2, is for CATTED headers. Stage 2+ is for UN-Catted headers.


lol thanks, I thought it was the other way around:bonk:. I picked UEL Catless
:thanks:

spcmafia 06-11-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inazuma in NS (Post 3440899)
lol thanks, I thought it was the other way around:bonk:. I picked UEL Catless
:thanks:


No problem, I do recommend following @BrahmaBull1990 advice too. If you got the headers coated, don't freak out if they smell funky and you see smoke coming out of engine bay, it's normal, and of course, dead pedal feeling after loading your tune, it'll go away after about 50 miles or so.

Inazuma in NS 06-11-2021 02:06 PM

Will do. Yup bronze coated, kinda excited....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.